Author Topic: Household goods/Residence Visa  (Read 4417 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Household goods/Residence Visa
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 21:20:55 PM »

Offline Sus

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 02:03:05 AM »
Thanks everyone for the info, Liz and Highlander, I think that article in the Sun Express is a bit out of date, I thought the deposit on household goods had been stopped, plus they state about pets and you cannot bring a bird into Turkey or any other country as airlines will not fly them since the bird flu epidemic.

Falcon I will check Dolphin Movers out here in Qatar and see what they say, I am still waiting a reply from one shipping company here and from the Turkish Embassy here in Doha.

Will let you all know what they say.

Thanks for all your help.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 07:10:41 AM »
Just seems a bit odd that they should print it in the latest hard copy edition that I only picked up yesterday

Offline Sus

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 08:18:41 AM »
Hi Liz,

I know very strange, but this first part of the sunexpress article I thought they stopped this in November 2009.

Quote from Sunexpress "You can ship your household or office goods into Turkey by the temporary import system, providing your residence visa is valid for more than a year. This system requires you to pay a deposit, which will be returned to you when you return to your home country. Alternatively, you can submit a bank guarantee letter that guarantees that duty will be paid on the goods if they are not taken out of the country at the end of the residence period" unquote.

I know you cannot fly a pet bird because we have one and have been told by three airlines that they do not ship birds and when I did a full check on the internet I found most countries in the world state that you cannot import a bird.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 17:03:43 PM by Sus »

Offline kevman

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2011, 13:53:41 PM »
When we shipped our goods 5yrs ago, we used Ozcan Soyer as the Turkish agent at Izmir. I can highly recommend this guy. He was so efficient and kept us informed of everything that was happening at the time.We had to have a residency permit with a minimum of 2 yrs on it.

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2011, 23:18:31 PM »
I used Ozcan Soyer this end to - he was excellent.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf