Author Topic: Eid  (Read 2048 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Eid
« on: June 23, 2017, 15:14:48 PM »

I have just bought a Eid Gift Box of Asian sweets for some Muslim friends and then tried to buy an Eid card for them.

I went in nine shops and asked. I was either ignored, grunted at or abused by black clad " assistants. In the final

shop the "assistant " was shooing me out of the shop with the back of her hand.!!! A Pakistani customer in Western

dress intervened and kept saying sorry for my treatment, told me of a shop 300 yards away that sold them and as I

left she was laying into them, in a language they DID understand, about my treatment. I was trying to buy a card that

was unlikely to be for a White neighbor, trying to spend some money in their shops, and trying to practice Integration.!!

I doubt that any of these Pakistani women were members of the BNP but they may just as well be. Integration.?  Inclusion.?

My Arse.   Racism is alive and well in Lozell's, Birmingham, UK, 2017.        >:( >:( >:(

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
Re: Eid
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 20:24:43 PM »
Disgusting behaviour, lost for words.  >:(

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 21:02:12 PM »
Try Lynda Yilmaz's shop "Hippy Chick"   She will provide a card and will have a great attitude.  Lynda is a one off and is it is a pleasure to shop in her establishment.
She is just opposite in the lane at the side of the Mulberry Tree Restaurant.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 22:06:01 PM »
wtf were you doing in Lozells kev..Glad you got out ok, with or without a card http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birmingham-burger-bar-boys-gang-11796968

Offline scorcher

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 22:57:16 PM »
Hippy Chick is probably a Lozell franchise then..

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 23:07:10 PM »
Were you "it" in a game of Spot-the-Whiteface ?  ;)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 11:54:35 AM »

I was the night before the Lozells Riots,!!  But I got out of that one.  But it's totally depressing the way some of these

folk have turned areas of the UK into mini Karachi's. I have had Pakistani customers and friends for over 25 years and

they are kind and generous hosts, but step out of their Westernised bubble and you are surrounded by intolerant Luddites.

And our Leaders fawn over them.  Gordon Brown would describe me as a bigot.     :(

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 17:28:30 PM »
I loved shopping down Alum rock, especially for curries at kyber pass and Paris sweet centre. Then I started seeing notices on lamp posts.. 'no whites after 8pm'. Police or community did nowt..This was 25 years ago..

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 18:10:13 PM »
Very different from where we live. Just down the road, in Easton, they closed our favourite St Mark's Road (Moroccan and Bangladesh restaurants, halal butcher, Sweet Mart selling all sorts of Pakistani foods)
and set out tables in the street. The mosque then invited Bristolians of any faith and none to turn up, bringing food if they wished, to help the Muslim community celebrate the end of Ramadan. Unfortunately we couldn't get there, but what a great idea!

Image may contain: 2 people, people sitting, crowd and outdoor

[St Marks Road is on the side of a steep mountain].
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 18:23:38 PM by Colwyn »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf