Author Topic: housing market in UK  (Read 2182 times)

Offline heatherhanum

housing market in UK
« on: October 11, 2009, 09:43:34 AM »
Good Morning all can anyone in the know tell me when the market regarding house sales is going to pick up... I would like to put my house on the market but there is no point till the market picks up
Thanks guys 8)

Offline Firo

housing market in UK
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 10:07:33 AM »
There's a challenge for someone  8) ;)....

Offline heatherhanum

housing market in UK
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 10:09:29 AM »
I know but I bet someone on CBF knows.
Heather

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
housing market in UK
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 10:50:03 AM »
no doubt it will pick up but the question is when. I'm not sure that anyone can answer the question with any certainty

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
housing market in UK
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 10:56:10 AM »
I would give it a few years if you are talking back to original highest values, whilst people are still unsure of their employment not a lot will change in the near future, nobody knows for sure.

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
housing market in UK
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 11:10:10 AM »
it would be worth putting it on the market just to see what reaction you get.  You don't have to sell if the price does not suit you.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
housing market in UK
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 11:27:39 AM »
I have seen loads of houses sell in the last few months, if you are looking at buying as well as selling then why not do it now -it's all relative, if you are selling to achieve maximum profit to invest outside bricks and mortar - leave it for a good while.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
housing market in UK
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 13:44:49 PM »
I think there's a lack of trust in the present government by the general public,which includes buyers and sellers,and also by big businesses,which includes investors.I think things will tick over until the General Election.If theres a change of government there will be a buzz,a feel good factor,and things will take off.If there is no change of government,god help us.
On the other hand I know bugger all.!!!    :)

Offline fletch

housing market in UK
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 13:57:08 PM »
The market is quite upbeat in Lincolnshire and you can see the sold signs going up all over. Location, Location. Location

I have just placed my house on the market, 2 x valuations of the same price and only £5k less than what my neighbour sold for in October 2007 (highest price point for this area).

It has nothing to do with governments etc. You will own and live in your house through many changes of governments, it's all down to available money. When the financial market crashed, lending stopped but banks are now starting to release money for mortgages.

I was offered a deal for a mortgage last week and only 3 days later it was bettered by 0.5% with the same company, due to the fact that more money had been released for the market place.

Your house is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, my advice is to market the property at the price you want rather than the price you are told.

Good Luck. :D

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
housing market in UK
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2009, 15:34:44 PM »
I want £500,000 for my house.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf