Author Topic: Mega Dairy Farm - Nocton Lincolnshire  (Read 2069 times)

Offline Nick

Mega Dairy Farm - Nocton Lincolnshire
« on: January 10, 2011, 13:04:06 PM »
I am not sure whether this sort of posting is permitted here but I am sure the mods will remove it if it is not considered appropriate.
My apologies in advance if this is the case

I wanted to bring your attention to the proposal to build a 'mega dairy' in Lincolnshire. A planning application has been made and it is due to be considered soon.

For those in the UK at the time the BBC's Countryfile programme did a peice on this shortly before Christmas.

So what is wrong with the proposal? Well personally I don't like the idea that cattle will be locked up inside huge barns all year round. We already do this to other animals and bird such as pigs and chickens, this will be just as bad, if not worse.

I am a consumer of dairy products but I would rather not have them produced in such circumstances.

Please see the link below and if you feel likewise you might consider signing the petition. Please note that the petition is due to be presnted TOMORROW, 11 January.

http://www.38degrees.org.uk/page/s/factoryfarm
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 13:12:04 PM by Nick »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 14:24:18 PM »
Watched Countryfile about this place and all the places in America like it.  Horrific, :o if this is progress what is the future world going to be like?  I would be glad to sign your petition. :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 14:26:56 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 19:38:11 PM »
I saw this on Care 2 and signed the other day, shocking.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/158/433/475/?z00m=19929301

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 19:50:23 PM »
I didn't see the programme but agree 100% and have signed the petition too.

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 21:01:09 PM »
So what is your problem with all the bleeding hearts.  Eggs are created with thousands of chickens in similar circumstances.  They are also fed with enormous protein amounts to give you corn fed fattened up ones at Christmas.  Young steers are fed with carrots and other crap to fatten them up so you get steak as quick as possible.  Pigs have been fed and reared like this for years.  So if you dont like it go and figure out how to reduce the population or learn to start eating grass yourself.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 21:31:51 PM »
Because something happens, doesn't automatically make it right or acceptable. Because chickens are imprisoned in this way is no reason to accept that we can adopt the method on to cows, or any other creature. If you think that way, we should chain lines and lines of children to millstones to revolve them and save a fortune on electricity.

Life should be about positive progress, not accepting negativity based on the fact that lesser negativity already exists.

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 22:17:38 PM »
Progress in life particularly in the food chain is generally created by scientists.  However, I am sure that in certain parts of the world a child from the age of 10 or more who is required to carry a 10 litre pot of water on his head would be more than happy to see a donkey do it.  Is that not progress?  Progress in life is purely a perception!!  Depending on where we are in life at that point in time.  What is negativity???  You spent a few years in Turkey and I suspect achieved nothing except a large amount of negativity.  Bostans coffee rules!!!!!!!  have you seen another negative comment other than yours??  I submit........

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 22:27:58 PM »
Personal opinions aren't gauged on how many people post to agree with you John! I spent more than a few years in Turkey John, and left with nothing but positivity for the future. I am sure if I let my life be ruled by the positivity/negativity of the price of an Efes being more than 3.5 lira like yourself, I would have brought much negativity back to the UK with me. As things turned out, I learned only positive lessons and have two beautifully mannered, compassionate children, and for those things plus many others, I thank Turkey for the positive things that living there blessed us with.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 22:36:06 PM »
I've got a terrible suspicion that I need to bed down for the long haul here:(

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 22:42:02 PM »
I wont say it is wrong or right but I do think we are all guilty in some way of bringing this about we all want something cheaper at the supermarket. we are also all happy to eat halal meat in turkey should we also sign a petition to only eat meat that is humanely slaughtered

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf