Author Topic: Tia sharpes body found at her grandmothers house  (Read 3728 times)

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
Re: Tia sharpes body found at her grandmothers house
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 03:41:35 AM »
Well said Scunner. It is a sad reflection of 'Our society' when parents and grand parents put their own relationships (and gratification) before the needs of their children and grand children. However, if Tia was on the 'danger list' then heads should roll.
Speaking as a single mum (widowed) I had a few chances of relationships when my daughter was younger, but I was always very wary of men being familiar with me, to the extent that I did not date until my daughter was 17. For me, the maternal instinct was (and still is) so strong that I would protect my child to my last breath. What a pity that the very small minority (of society) don't.
I get annoyed when so called 'communities' turn out to look for a child when they are missing, but fail to intervene when they have knowledge that same child is being neglected or abused prior to their disappearance.
Social workers do have a heavy work load, but sadly, we only get to hear of their failings.  And, at the end of the day is it not up to ALL of us to protect the vulnerable in our society and report any suspicions to the relevant authorities? I would rather be proved wrong and have to apologise than be be right and live in regret. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf