Author Topic: Turkish airlines flight changes  (Read 2050 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Turkish airlines flight changes
« on: February 20, 2017, 15:47:29 PM »
A friend booked with Turkish airlines last year via Istanbul for a party of 15 members of her family flights only as they had paid a deposit on a villa, Turkish airlines have changed their flight times several times already but only by say 5 or 10 mins so that was ok. Now she has received an email saying they are changing it again and this time they will lose a whole day of their precious holiday...where would she stand please if she says she does not want to accept the new flight times will she get a full refund of all the money she has paid so far? If she decides to go with the changes will Turkish Airlines also sort out the second flight for them all on to Dalaman from Istanbul? Thanks for any help   :)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Turkish airlines flight changes
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 15:52:56 PM »
Odd.  I've never had a flight time change with THY, where are they flying from and when?

JF

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 15:53:54 PM »
She should ask Turkish Airlines. All you'll get on here are a number of confusing opinions.  :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 16:20:27 PM »
From Gatwick to Istanbul then on to Dalaman July start of schooll holidays...
I had thought maybe she could forget the villa and flights and book a hotel instead, I am in shock been looking for 2 weeks 8 adults 6 chikdren Jiva beach £13.000. Club Letoonia £21.500 I must be very out of touch with holiday prices....oh and that was just the cost of the hotel no flights...ok i know these 2 are all in's but even the little ole Tugay came up at £2.700 with brekky.

Yes think your right KKOB re her asking Turkish airlines   :)

Offline Yoshi

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 16:33:51 PM »
Hi Karen,
I had a 5 minute change as well and they advised us that any change in the scheduled time enabled us to a full refund or alternate flight.
We took advantage and extended our trip by two days.
Once they accept the changes there are is no going back.
They also sort out the second leg of the trip.
Hope they get sorted.

Offline Derek3759

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 17:09:34 PM »
Same happened to me at xmas they changed my flight times which would mean I was going to be hanging around Istanbul airport for 11hours for connecting flight to Dalaman went to desk no problem they put me up in blu raddison hotel for night  they said flight change was there fault if wait for connecting is more than 8 hours they will put you up in hotel for night

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 20:21:10 PM »
Must be a Gatwick thing  :)

But as folks have said, THY are good at getting you sorted if it's their fault.  Unlike KLM with us when GW2 broke out, that's another story...

JF

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 21:58:12 PM »
Same thing happened to us last year Dublin Istanbul Dalaman , times changed by only an hour but went in our favour for a change , when I checked direct thomas cook flights had come down in price  considerably so was able to get full refund on Turkish airlines and book thomas cook ones , I even made money on the exchange rate on the Euro from when I originally booked them.  Doesn't happen too often mind you

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf