Author Topic: Happy Days on "Love Boat"  (Read 5324 times)

Offline sunlover

Re: Happy Days on "Love Boat"
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2013, 09:29:52 AM »
A great encounter of the day Chrissy, you all do such fabulous work, and it shows in your report how much it means to you all, such genuine people...

Can,t wait until we can become involved in it all with you, retirement plan is in action now :)  just a few more years and we will be there :)

Offline Captain Squiffy

• Mr Permafrost
  • Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2013, 20:52:17 PM »
It was both curious and interesting to see that there was not a smartphone, i.pad or tablet to be seen amongst the children, yet they had a great fun day and it was a real eyeopener to see how they interacted with each other and shared things and helped each other out. A lesson in there somewhere but methinks far too late for UK children.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2013, 09:59:29 AM »
What a lovely post, and such a lovely description of a day obviously enjoyed by all, so good to hear of a charity that donates 100 per cent of their donations to the people who need it.  Nice to hear that the children do sometimes get adopted into new families.   :)

Offline Baznshir

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 21:24:40 PM »
Well I have to admitt that I read this out loud to Shirley and had to keep coughing to hide the lump in my throat. Money cannot buy what  you of the committee experienced nor can it buy the love that you showed those kids. There is great joy in giving and hopefully those who receive get as much out of it as the givers. You are truely wonderful people and we are proud to be able to say that we know you, some more than others but we know ihat you are all dedicated to the cause that you have chosen to take up. Keep up the god work....we know that you will XXX

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2013, 02:15:14 AM »
Thanks everyone, I am glad that you enjoyed the report.   JohnF thanks for your generous offer, I have pm'd you.

Chrissie
And replied, assuming you get the PM considering the dodgy software involved    :)

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf