Author Topic: More news on the brothers  (Read 10271 times)

Offline hubblebubbles

Re: More news on the brothers
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2015, 18:31:11 PM »
Thanks for the warning  about the quantity surveyor John. Do you know something I don't .... Sadly he called off the visit due to the very bad weather in the morning  of Saturday. Cannot say I blame him as he is the one that has to go poking around and measuring and inspecting the condition of the cowshed while I watch from a safe distance and make notes. It has been arranged again for this Saturday so fingers crossed the weather is good. Thank you so much Patrice for your donation .You are a lovely lady as you already knit jumpers for other children we are helping so it is extremely kind of you to contribute financially as well. I will have a chaperone with me (Hayley) so I think the surveyor will be quite safe John .

Offline hubblebubbles

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2015, 13:51:18 PM »
Well we finally made the proposed visit today (Sunday) and it confirmed to me even more that we are doing the right thing in helping this lovely little  family have a decent place to live. The eldest boy's fingers look so bad at the moment and the youngest one has been in a wheelchair for the past to weeks as his leg was so swollen .Another trip to the hospital for them tomorrow . The architect discussed at length their needs and inspected the building that is going to be demolished. He suggested possibly a flat roof as it will cost so much less than using timber and tiles but he is going to draw up the plans and we will visit his office to discuss things once he has an idea of cost. He agreed the place where they live is so bad for the children's health and once plans are in place for the build he will try to help us source discounts on materials etc. At the moment they are getting legal permission for the build as it was the fathers  family  land so the other three family members must give written permission that they agree to him having that section of land for a house We have said this must be done legally as we certainly don't want any ownership problems in the future. They are a very close knit family and are all fully supportive of the children's needs but it is better to be certain and eliminate all doubts for the future.I will report on any progress made as it happens. Thank you for taking such an interest in our project and for all the help we have received so far .                          Mavis and the "Embrace" team  x

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2015, 16:28:39 PM »
Thanks for the update Mavis and thank you once again for all that you are doing to help others in need. God bless you.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2015, 16:44:05 PM »
Thanks for the update Mavis, those poor boys deserve somewhere nice to live, and by the way their illness is progressing, it would be good if it could happen asap.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2015, 20:07:58 PM »
Latest update on the donation front is that I received another large donation from hamlet which I will pass on later this evening.

Thank you so much for your continued generosity hamlet  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf