Author Topic: Can You Help?  (Read 2597 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Can You Help?
« on: March 15, 2015, 14:36:23 PM »
In just 28 days time on April 12th we will have the first ever Race for Life - Turkey. The team have done a wonderful job in putting the event together and have given literally hundreds of hours of their own time to bring the event to Fethiye. We now need volunteers to help us Marshall the event. It's nothing technical, really just directing people along our sea front course and keeping everything safe for our entrants. So can you give us a hour of your time on either Saturday April 11th at 2pm for our children's fun run or the main event on Sunday 12th at 10:00?

We will be holding a meeting in the Akkent Garden Hotel (Mandarin Bistro) at 12:00 midday next Wednesday (March 18th) to go over the course route, explain the marshal and water station points and answer any questions you have about the days. If you can spare the time and feel like you can help, please come along, the coffee is on me.

To take this event into future years and convince other towns and cities to join us will depend on good organisation on the day. If you can, please help us and at the same time help improve cancer services locally.

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
Re: Can You Help?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 17:16:49 PM »
George we will be available on the Saturday to help out.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 18:35:40 PM »
You are a superstar couple, thank you Don. I will be in touch.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 19:17:49 PM »
Thanks to all who attended the meeting today and all who sent apologies due to earlier commitments, it's looking like we will have great course management team in place.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 08:34:15 AM »
George couldn't make yesterday but you can add me to the list of helpers/marshalls for the day, Mrs Tickets is of course taking part.  I would, naturally, be suited to a role where you need someone who can bellow instructions LOUDLY :o :o ;D ;D : :)

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 07:34:25 AM »
You are on the list UBT. please pm me your email address and I will send you the notes from the meeting when I write them up later today. If anybody else wants to help out and would like a copy of the course notes then please PM your email and I will respond.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf