Author Topic: Our visit today  (Read 2443 times)

Offline hubblebubbles

Our visit today
« on: December 08, 2015, 17:30:59 PM »
At last we managed to make the visit to see the family and to check on the house progress. Sadly the eldest boy has been taken back into hospital in Antalya so Mum is staying with him this time as Dad needs to work . We were made extremely welcome by their relatives who live nearby .These Turkish people really are big on hospitality aren't they and we had lots of laughs . It is such a shame for the boy though as he only came out of hospital last week after a ten day visit .I think this time they are trying to drain the leg to reduce the swelling. Poor little chap really is suffering and we are desperately hoping to finish the house  before he has to have the foot removed . The house is looking good and has been plastered inside and out so waiting for that to dry then tiling in the bathrooms and kitchen next . Mum is so delighted as she has her bread oven built on the back balcony .She is thrilled with it .Today also we had another wonderful surprise as I was given a donation of 1000 lira by  friends who wish to remain anonymous and we are thinking maybe a new washing machine instead of a second hand one .I have no idea on prices so will go and check then have words everywhere we can to see if we can get a good discount then maybe enough left for a small cooker . I will give more updates as soon as we have any results .

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
Re: Our visit today
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 18:01:56 PM »
Have sent you a pm Mavis.  Such a shame that the youngster has been re-admitted to hospital, but what a wonderful donation from some very generous people. 

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 19:30:03 PM »
I may have said this before but make no apology for repeating it.

"There are really no words which can express my admiration for hubblebubbles and her team"

Offline marina

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 19:32:57 PM »
Agreed Highlander   :)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 22:42:59 PM »
Great news about the house Mavis but such a shame for the lad.
I know you've said that the family are very proud but would they perhaps allow us to help with some of the things they need.
I'm thinking along the lines of what we did for Bozlan school

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 00:15:54 AM »
Sad news of the lads ongoing suffering, hope things go well. The house is looking great and will be such an improvement to their lives.
Thanks again for all you and the team are doing for them Mavis, a wonderful achievement. Well done.

Offline Karabag

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 16:05:51 PM »
We had a lovely visit with the family and although we didn't get to meet the eldest boy we did meet the younger boy, he came to each of us and shook our hands and gave us all a kiss. They are such a lovely family and I feel proud to be part of Mavis' team and just can't wait for this house to be finished.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 19:17:12 PM »
Thanks for the update  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf