Author Topic: Injured dog  (Read 5177 times)

Offline TIGER

Injured dog
« on: September 01, 2017, 09:26:19 AM »
Can anyone help , there is a dog here around the Mutlu hotel that is limping badly , its front right paw seams to be badly hurt , I have given it cold fresh water but it can not put its paw down , can anyone help or advise me ?
Thank you

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
Re: Injured dog
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 13:02:00 PM »
I will try and contact Animal Aid for you.  The problem is that most if not all of the veterinary clinics will be closed for Bayram so it's going to be tough getting this dog help in the immediate future.
I, or an Animal Aid colleague will get back to you as soon as we can.
Thank you for trying to help this wee one.

Offline TIGER

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 13:31:08 PM »
Omg .. thank you so much , I have walked to see a lady called angel at Nils bar she has txt a lady named Edna for some help. In the mean time I have insisted the dog is not moved on , he has had water and just ten minuets ago he has taken a small amount of food , I don't know anyone staying at this hotel but they all seam to know each other and I have asked that they back me up and care for this boy until we can get some help . There is a guy here that dose massage etc and he has looked and he also thinks the dog has been hit with a car . He tried for half an hour to contact a vet but it is the same as you have said people are on holiday . I will keep the dog close by but I am uneasy for night time
Thank you again , I am so grateful of your reply ,

Offline CleopatrasAsp

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 13:45:05 PM »
If Angel has texted Edna, then I'm sure she will get back to you as soon as she's available.  What I have been able to find out is that one Vet, Serkan Tarim is working normally throughout the Bayram.  He has an excellent reputation for being a kind and caring vet, but unfortunately he does not work with Animal Aid.  That's all the info I can give you for the moment, though I do know he has a dedicated FB page.

Offline TIGER

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 14:32:43 PM »

He has had water and is in the shade , we has put ice on his paw but he is still not trying to walk ,
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 14:42:54 PM by TIGER »

Offline CleopatrasAsp

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 15:06:47 PM »
What a beauty......I see it's wearing a collar so may be an owned dog, though that is not always the case. Have shared the picture on the Animal Aid FB page in the hope someone recognises it and can get it help.

Offline CleopatrasAsp

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 15:57:52 PM »
Hi Tiger, this dog is one of a number of street dogs that a lady called Annie Kervella feeds on a regular basis.  She's heading down to the Mutlu now to have a look and see if she can help.
Incidentally, the dog's name is also Tiger!!!! It's an omen. you were meant to meet.
God bless you for looking after him.
Edna has also been in touch, she's dealing with an injured cat just now and asked me to reply on her behalf.  Animal Aid have a coffee morning at the Nil tomorrow and had planned to pop down and see the dog once it was done and dusted, but hopefully Annie can get it sorted before then.

Offline CleopatrasAsp

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 16:34:57 PM »
The good news is that Tiger the dog has been picked up by Annie.  The not so good news is that Tiger has a broken leg, and all the veterinary clinics are closed.  Hoping that Serkan's clinic will see Tiger on an emergency basis.
Tomorrow Animal Aid will be holding their regular fund-raising coffee morning at the Nil between 11am and 1pm - if anyone's in the vicinity please pop in.
Further update: Kentvet are seeing to Tiger as I type. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 16:44:36 PM by CleopatrasAsp »

Offline grizabella

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 18:07:25 PM »
Tiger has been operated on by Cesme at Kent Vet.He has broken toes and has his leg in a splint.This means he cant really walk on it and desperately needs a place of safety for 3-4 weeks until his toes heal.Annie our wonderful dog person actually got out of her sick bed to rescue this dog but she cant care for him as lives in a second floor flat.We need someone with a fenced in garden to care for Tiger,this sweet natured dog until he recovers.Please are there any members would can offer to help?All our doggy fosterers are full to bursting with sick and injured animals.If you can help would you link into the post on the AA page about Tiger.

Offline sadler

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 18:43:09 PM »
Wonderful to see that the system works. Well done AA.   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf