Author Topic: Well its finally over  (Read 12513 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Well its finally over
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 20:43:19 PM »
It is a loophole that was ignored for years and one that provided income and business for the ferries and boats offering the service. As foreigners using the loophole went up, the amount of money the Government has went down and I guess they decided they could use the money more than a few dozen boat owners - hence this being a way to take the money through forcing resident foreigners to obtain residency through residency permits.

The point about foreign nationals nipping over from the UK to France isn't about whether residency in the UK is affordable or not - the point is that people allowed into the UK for a holiday, finding a way to stay permanently by leaving for a few hours every three months would go down very badly with the British. A tourist/holiday visa is just that - it isn't a visa to live permanently in 3 month chunks by daisy chaining tourist visas.

Offline BM06

Well its finally over
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 20:58:43 PM »
Look at it another way its approximately 400 pound per year, per person, you have not got to spend in a bar or restaurant, so at the end of the day what goes round comes round. stay happy live long. (sounds a bit like spok)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Well its finally over
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 21:04:05 PM »
£400 a year from the saving of £1,500+, the amount you are saving by not having to pay Council Tax in the UK. Even after paying your Turkish equivalent council tax You're still up £1000 on the deal!

Offline BM06

Well its finally over
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 21:28:51 PM »
Do not really want to go down that road, but the ct is per household ie 10 people under one roof (a bit cheeky but you never know) amounts to the same 1500+? also this pays for the fire,police,schools,refuge,etc.etc.the 400pound is per person so a family of say 4 cost 1600 pound. and all you get is a blue book, that you also pay for i am led to believe :))

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Well its finally over
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 21:36:20 PM »
The council tax is not per household in Turkey, it is per property owner or named part owner  ;)

The average occupancy of foreign owned Turkish property is in the main 1 or 2 persons. Occasionally more but not often. If we take the average as 2, the residency cost is £400 x2 (£800) plus £170 odd for Turkish council tax (£970) which is substantially less than the council tax for the same couple in the UK which is averaging out around £1650. £600 less and the sun comes free  8)

Offline amca

Offline BM06

Well its finally over
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 21:46:25 PM »
Keith, i mean the CT in the UK, its irrelevant anyway, most do not pay it, there all on benefits.  ;):D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 22:41:00 PM by BM06 »

Offline davidzz

Well its finally over
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 22:32:13 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by BM06

Keith, i mean the TC in the UK, its irrelevant anyway, most do not pay it, there all on benefits.  ;):D

What is TC in the UK?

David

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Well its finally over
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 22:33:07 PM »
It is Tax (Council) :D

Or Thomas Cook

Offline BM06

Well its finally over
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 22:39:27 PM »
You know that i know that you know that i know what you and i know what i mean ;) ( sounds a bit like the bay city rollers):D i know its cheeting but that edddddditing good init ;)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 22:42:15 PM by BM06 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf