Author Topic: Boat Owning in Turkey  (Read 4660 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Boat Owning in Turkey
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2014, 09:43:51 AM »
Lorraine.

Thank you for your helpful post.       :)

Offline A.R.T

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2014, 13:39:02 PM »
Hi,

KaptainKrunchie is correct.  You could take the Turkish Skipper test or you should cancel the Turkish registration and apply online for a joint registration with the UK Small Ships Register.  It's easy but You need a UK home and delivery address for the certificate.  I assume both owners hold an ICC.  If not, the ICC holder has to be on board as skipper.  I suspect you will also need to obtain a 5 year Transit Log as a newly registered UK boat.  That is another can of worms but the agents opposite Ege Marina can take care of the application.  Finally, you will be able to fly the Ensign legally with the Turkish courtesy flag.  Good luck!

Offline garryandmargaret

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2014, 12:26:18 PM »
art /kaptaincrunchie

Many thanks great help from you both looks like the way to go. Question how do I cancel the registration, spent several hours putting it in our names in the coast guards office in Fethiye.
I spoke to the legal department of RYA Yesterday and to be honest it was a waste of time.

Offline A.R.T

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2014, 08:45:01 AM »
Hi,

The Turkish National Vessel Registry (MGS) has offices in Izmir and Antalya and you could call them for information or I suppose you could go back to the Coastguard office where you registered.  Alternatively, try the agents I mentioned before.  Sorry I can't be of more help but I have no experience of deregistering a Turkish flagged boat.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf