Author Topic: Visitors up, down or the same to Turkey in 2015  (Read 9240 times)

Offline Pussinboots

Re: Visitors up, down or the same to Turkey in 2015
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2015, 17:27:07 PM »
My TA flight is on weekend days... and it would have cost the same from Manchester oop noorth too !!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2015, 17:57:12 PM »
Not sure you do know what you are talking about...

You can select "direct only" flights on Skyscanner and as of two minutes ago there were plenty of Jet2 and TC flights direct available on various dates.  In fact, if you go the Jet2 site the most expensive return (i.e. choosing the highest individual inbound/outbound flights) is £310 with the cheapest being £184.

Oh and Easyjet don't fly to Dalaman from Glasgow, only from Edinburgh.

confused.com?

JF

O.K. I am looking at any Airport in Scotland.  So makes no difference Edinburgh or Glasgow.  I looked at the Jet2 Site and again with bags, seats, paying by credit card etc., It comes to just under £800.00.   As I said before we can fly to the States for that price.  It is all very well finding flights for £300, but that is each and is basic without any extras.    So, going to Glasgow or Edinburgh is going to cost us around a grand whatever we book.

punished for living in Scotland .com

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2015, 18:06:33 PM »
Not sure you do know what you are talking about...

You can select "direct only" flights on Skyscanner and as of two minutes ago there were plenty of Jet2 and TC flights direct available on various dates.  In fact, if you go the Jet2 site the most expensive return (i.e. choosing the highest individual inbound/outbound flights) is £310 with the cheapest being £184.

Oh and Easyjet don't fly to Dalaman from Glasgow, only from Edinburgh.

confused.com?

JF
But you are forgetting that £752 = "over £1000". I never did get the hang of New Maths. So it is £376 p.p. A little more than the £340 p.p I paid for flights from Bristol some moths ago. Wow!

Offline Pussinboots

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2015, 18:17:37 PM »
Jackie

Just done a dummy run on Jet2 vi SkyScanner.  There are  plenty of other days showing low fares as well.

GLASGOW INTL to Dalaman DLM
Dep Thu 03 Sep 2015 15:00Arr Thu 03 Sep 2015 21:35Flight LS1512 Adults 2 x £84.60

Taxes and Charges Included

Was £188.00

Your Saving £18.80

Sub-total £169.20

Show breakdown Base Fare £70.00 APD (Government tax) £26.00 Other Airport Charges £92.00 Discount £-18.80

Dalaman DLM to GLASGOW INTL
Dep Fri 18 Sep 2015 23:00Arr Sat 19 Sep 2015 01:45Flight LS1522 Adults 2 x £129.60

Taxes and Charges Included

Was £288.00

Your Saving £28.80

Sub-total £259.20

Show breakdown Base Fare £196.00 APD (Government tax) £0.00 Other Airport Charges £92.00 Discount £-28.80

Bags Both Ways
Bags£106.00

Seat Selection£38.00
Adult Meals£36.00

Total: £608.40 for 2 people

pay by debit card and no charge

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2015, 22:40:32 PM »
Apparently, because of the anticipated low number of tourists coming from Russia who traditionally seem to like the AI's in places like Antalya and Alanya the AI's there are turning their attention to and are marketing the British market.

Hopefully Fethiye won't lose out by this as its so much nicer here IMO and so much more to do and see. I still don't understand why people would choose Marmaris and Bodrum over Fethiye either.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2015, 23:29:40 PM »
Thanks Pussinboots.   It is more difficult for us because we are going for a month.

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2015, 07:56:21 AM »
'punished for living in Scotland .com'
Isnt the flight distance from Scotland further than the flight distance from down south? ???
Maybe that why flights are more expensive, as you are travelling further :o

Offline jacqtay

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2015, 12:09:02 PM »
5 less tourists for the area this year and future years tbh as we have decided to explore the Bodrum area now, starting with 2wks in Bogazici near Bodrum in June/July and then 2wks in Zakynthos -Greece in September.

With our kids getting older  ( 16,13 ,10 ) we have decided to visit as many different places as possible with them while we can, Next year it will be Croatia and Bodrum area ,undecided exactly where as yet ,for our holidays.

We will visit the Fethiye area again in the distant future as we do like it but we are happy to explore other places for now.

Thanks Fethiye   ;) ..... and CBF   ;)  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2015, 15:00:07 PM »

With our kids getting older  ( 16,13 ,10 ) we have decided to visit as many different places as possible with them while we can, Next year it will be Croatia and Bodrum area ,undecided exactly where as yet ,for our holidays.

We will visit the Fethiye area again in the distant future as we do like it but we are happy to explore other places for now.

Thanks Fethiye    ;) ..... and CBF    ;)   :)

You're welcome  :)

That's pretty much where we found ourselves - wanting to show the kids that there was more to this abroad place than just Calis or Turkey. We have managed a different new country each year since returning to the UK for our 'main' holiday and we do manage a week in October in Calis as our 'tradition' - but even that has less of a pull each year. I think as people move back and places close, there's less to miss so perhaps that week will also become used for discovering new places. Mind you, I have said many times after our Calis week that we won't bother for a year or two then return the next year.

As for the fact that there will be far fewer Russian tourists coming to Turkey this year - lucky Turkey  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2015, 15:03:32 PM »

Dalaman DLM to GLASGOW INTL

Total: £608.40 for 2 people

I don't feel penalised for living in Scotland - we are going in October and I have paid less than that for FOUR of us  :) I simply drive to where is cheapest - this year Leeds Bradford, £125 return each to Dalaman plus a couple of cases. Driving to Yorkshire is nothing to me, I do it a couple of times a month anyway.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf