Author Topic: Visitors up, down or the same to Turkey in 2015  (Read 9242 times)

Offline jacqtay

Re: Visitors up, down or the same to Turkey in 2015
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2015, 23:05:59 PM »
This is not a comparison to dalaman but to Turkey... 5x flights to Bodrum £980 all in.

Offline jacqtay

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2015, 23:16:21 PM »

With our kids getting older  ( 16,13 ,10 ) we have decided to visit as many different places as possible with them while we can, Next year it will be Croatia and Bodrum area ,undecided exactly where as yet ,for our holidays.

We will visit the Fethiye area again in the distant future as we do like it but we are happy to explore other places for now.

Thanks Fethiye     ;) ..... and CBF     ;)    :)

You're welcome   :)

That's pretty much where we found ourselves - wanting to show the kids that there was more to this abroad place than just Calis or Turkey. We have managed a different new country each year since returning to the UK for our 'main' holiday and we do manage a week in October in Calis as our 'tradition' - but even that has less of a pull each year. I think as people move back and places close, there's less to miss so perhaps that week will also become used for discovering new places. Mind you, I have said many times after our Calis week that we won't bother for a year or two then return the next year.

As for the fact that there will be far fewer Russian tourists coming to Turkey this year - lucky Turkey   :)

Dalaman DLM to GLASGOW INTL

Total: £608.40 for 2 people

I don't feel penalised for living in Scotland - we are going in October and I have paid less than that for FOUR of us   :) I simply drive to where is cheapest - this year Leeds Bradford, £125 return each to Dalaman plus a couple of cases. Driving to Yorkshire is nothing to me, I do it a couple of times a month anyway.

Nor do I Scunner.... £980 all in flights for 5 people to Bodrum..... Bargain compared to £1000 for 2 for others.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2015, 09:40:45 AM »
The whole point here is, we ARE penalised for living in Scotland because, if we want a cheap flight, we have to travel a long journey down to England to get one.   
Personally, we can now do this, but for working folk in Scotland, travelling to England cuts off precious time from the holiday allotment they are given by their work.
As for AOK's point.  Even when flying across to Scandinavian countries, which are near Scotland, or  to Shetland, the fares are exorbitant. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf