Author Topic: Turkish holiday destinations 21% more expensive than last year  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Sleuth

Daily Mail today ... up to their usual `anti Turkey ` articles

Only in Turkey, where inflation is 7.6 per cent – compared to virtually zero in Britain and the eurozone – will Britons find the cost of a day out much more expensive.
The figures, compiled for the annual Post Office Holiday Costs Barometer, show the spending basket in Turkey is up by 21.4 per cent on last year, at £65.70.
DaveH is online now  Add to DaveH's Reputation  Report Post  send PM   

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: Turkish holiday destinations 21% more expensive than last year
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 14:14:04 PM »
This is a great annual tradition. Similar to one week before the season opens there are posts on the price of Efes this year. Two weeks before people go on holiday they ask about the exchange rate, although some don't wait for that an ask "What will be the exchange rate in August?". At the end of April each year the UK Post Office publishes its review of holiday costs and everyone throws up their hands and says "What!", and wonders what on earth the Post Office holiday reporters spend their money upon and whether they actually visit the country on which they report, and generally rubbish the entire survey. Glad to see these seasonal treat has come into blossom.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
Re: Turkish holiday destinations 21% more expensive than last year
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 20:17:19 PM »
Visited my elderly mum today to be told Turkey is much more expensive this year (according to the Mail) I pointed out that the rate of lira to the pound was significantly better than ever.  I do not know where they get their figures from!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf