Author Topic: Update on the brothers  (Read 4176 times)

Offline hubblebubbles

Update on the brothers
« on: February 07, 2015, 19:09:52 PM »
Kevin emailed to ask for an update which as well timed as I have just returned from a visit  to see them .Here is the answer I sent to Kevin.

Hi Kevin and thank you for your email. I have just literally walked in and read your message .I have spent the whole afternoon and evening with the family and have been trying to sort out priorities. We are still trying to arrange via Fetav for the boys to go to see a professor in Istanbul and will hopefully have more news on that this week .I discussed at length the needs that will help the children the most . The initial problem was the whole roof leaks on the property so that was what we were going to focus on but on further discussion we discovered that they live in 2 rooms only so they all sleep on couches in the living room. As is typical of the old style Turkish village houses the animals  are housed on the ground floor and the living accommodation built above. The ideal situation for them is to convert the animal section into rooms so they can actually have bedrooms and will be somewhere to move into when a new roof can be put on at a much later date as and when money becomes available. Mostly it will be supplying materials as they have said family and friends will no doubt rally round to help with the labour to keep costs down .They truly are such a wonderful and loving family and so deserve all the help we can give them. We think the £800 raised by the lovely forum members will be used to start the  conversion of the ground floor which they can probably start on next month . The boys are in need of more medication and also the youngest boy needs trainers and if we manage to get them  an appointment in Istanbul then we will make sure they have decent clothing to travel in but this will come from "Embrace " funds as will the cost of flights and hotel for the whole family. I hope to meet with them again either the end of next week or the week after so hopefully will have more news then. All monies for the building conversion  materials will be paid for through Fetav as there is never any cash transactions with the people we help. The boys are so incredibly grateful for the things they have received already and the parents gratitude knows no bounds. I was told Big Prayers are being said for the kindness of the English people . I will keep you all informed of any more news .

Offline Menthol

Re: Update on the brothers
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 19:41:57 PM »
Very, very humbling.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 20:56:13 PM »
For me this is the second toughest thread to read on here. Just so, so sad >:( >:(

Don't mind admitting it brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 21:36:45 PM »
Well done Mavis & your team, thanks for the update  8)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 22:40:37 PM »
Thank you Mavis for the update and for all your hard work and efforts.
Like Menthol said it is very humbling and sobering to realise their circumstances
let alone their medical conditions.I'm so pleased things will improve for them and
their family and please thank them for their prayers, touching.
Many many thanks
Kevin.

Offline hubblebubbles

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 07:29:41 AM »
I would just like to make it quite clear to everyone that this wonderful family have asked for so little .When pressed to give a reply when we asked what they boys most needed the answer was" please some plasters bandages and cream for their hands and feet and possibly some more socks" as they have to change them a minimum of three times a day due to the sores and infections. It took over 2and half hours of careful coaxing to find out how we could really  help them improve life for the boys . We are so lucky that one of our team members speaks fluent Turkish and has a really good rapport with the family .They initially refused any help other than the medication and socks for the boys and the possibility of going to Istanbul to see if the disease can be slowed down . When she explained that the English people had sent money to help them they were astonished when we told the sum raised . We then convinced them that we need to show where the money is spent and that we must spend it on them  and that it would improve life for their sons if they had better living accommodation. When next I visit their home I will take pictures of the "house" and especially the space that can be converted into rooms. Currently housing one cow one  sheep and chickens but they say large enough to make three rooms .Then once the work starts I will try to get there to take update pictures of the progress. We will need  more money that is for sure and will try to do a special fundraiser for this particular cause as they truly are such a beautiful and loving family and they boys are so polite and respectful to their parents and to us. Bless them they deserve all the help we can give .

Offline gillian handbury

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 12:13:40 PM »
Hi...

Just read the post.
What age are the boys?
How can we help?

Offline gillian handbury

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 12:15:59 PM »
Hi...

Just read the post.
What age are the boys?
How can we help?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 13:30:44 PM »
gillian

I hope hubblebubbles does not mind me replying.

The boys are 12 and 8 - it's so tragic.

The wonderful forum members raised £ 800 for the boys (http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=57025.0).

I have sent a message to you on here.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 15:11:07 PM »
 I seem to have missed the initial thread at the time.
Very well done Embrace.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf