Author Topic: Yengeç - waterfront fish restaurant Fethiye  (Read 7788 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Yengeç - waterfront fish restaurant Fethiye
« on: August 19, 2015, 09:16:38 AM »
Really enjoyed our meal here and will definitely be going back as there were plenty of other things I wanted to try on the menu too - all of the below with two gin and tonics 150TL

Starters

Fish roll - absolutely delicious

Also in the hot starter section - can't remember the name but it will be obvious - also absolutely delicious and would be enough to have as a main if you are having starters

Beautiful moist fish kebab - Akya fish not sure it was on the menu; it was the suggestion of the waiter

Fish soup - tasted like chicken and cream - wouldn't order again

Cold meze - order from a selection on a tray at the table and you get the actual one you choose, they are not just samples with fresh coming from the kitchen once you have chosen.

Yogurt with tomato and aubergine - very nice

Green salad with pomegranate - would have been nicer if it hadn't been sitting for a while and some of the hidden leaves a bit soggy

Ezme

Salad with honey and mustard dressing - very nice

Accompaniments

Located at Yes marina - quite a way past Yacht Classic heading out of town and shortly before you turn right towards the boat yards.

http://yengecrestaurant.com.tr/en/

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Yengeç - waterfront fish restaurant Fethiye
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 09:38:03 AM »
It's a bit of a hidden gem as far as we're concerned with the bonus thats its a 5min walk from home, albeit uphill!  It's one of those places that unless you know about it, you're unlikely to visit as it's a little bit out of town.

Been using it from when it opened and recommend it to folks who use our place - consistently good feedback, one couple ate there three nights out of seven!

We haven't been for a couple of years now but one thing that made it popular with us was their wine list - decent wines, both domestic and imported, all at a reasonable price.  No Cumartesi served here.

JF

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 09:40:10 AM »
Silly question, do they only serve fish?   I love fish, but Phil cannot eat it as he has an intolerance to it and it makes him very sick (only got it about 6 year ago).  I would love to eat at a fish restaurant again. 

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 10:02:47 AM »
They do have other things on their menu - steak   ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 10:14:35 AM »
Steak...wow, now that is unusual, the place will now be packed with Brits.   Thanks for the info Nichola.  ;D  ;)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 10:23:34 AM »
Actually it's unlikely to be packed with Brits. It is on a marina so it attracts a more international clientele from the yachts and other discerning diners like John and his family have obviously discovered it but I got the impression it was generally not that busy as it is hidden away and you sort of need to know where it is.

The link I posted to their web site might give you more information about what else is on the menu but I remember there were alternatives and when we go again I will check the menu and report back.

Offline thinwhiteduke

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 11:12:05 AM »
on next years list! ta   :)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 13:28:55 PM »
Actually it's unlikely to be packed with Brits.

Correct.  In fact, I've never seen it packed - busy yes, but never full.  It's a fair old size, not sure they'd have enough staff if the place filled up!

Clientele is mainly Turkish (don't know about July/August) with a few folks from the local hotels.  Happy to just serve drinks as well if thats all you're after.

Discerning Nichola?  Aye, a wee bit like yourself in that respect  ;)

JF

Offline Mr Toky

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 22:42:24 PM »
Thanks for the info Nichola and John F. Looks like a must try for Mrs Toky and myself next time out. Video and Menu also look good. 

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 09:40:37 AM »
Let us know if you are going on a Sunday Mr Toky and we may well see you there   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf