Author Topic: Faster broadband  (Read 3795 times)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Faster broadband
« on: August 16, 2011, 11:18:33 AM »
We are now getting 6mb with no problems (actually 5.7) the new fibre optic cables were laid in our area a couple of weeks ago, we live over the upside down bridge, I just contacted my adsl provider smile and asked them to increase the download now the new cable was laid. They tried it at 8mb but was not 100% so settled at 6mb.
It is worth ringing your provider they will not increase your speed unless you request it.
Mark

Offline screamlead

Faster broadband
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 11:35:17 AM »
Mines 8mb from TTNET but averages 5.7 mb it does say UPTO 8mb and have had it peak over that but not for long.

Offline philrose

Faster broadband
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 14:11:19 PM »
Mines about the same up to 8mb but usually between 5 and 6

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Faster broadband
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 19:05:24 PM »
Mark what were you getting before this uplift?

I'll also ask again, does anyone know where the 'local' telephone exchange is for Calis area??

Offline jacqki

Faster broadband
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 20:39:43 PM »
What mb do people living in Uzumlu get and what providers do you use? Would be grateful for any information.

Offline corbindallas

Faster broadband
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 12:14:08 PM »
jacqki we are getting a good 6mb service in Uzumlu with TTNet,I have a upto 8 mb service package, it does sometimes jump up and down and we have had new fibre optic lines installed last year so it is a lot better now, although I have been told I will get a better result by upgrading my TTNet modem? (stability wise).

Offline jacqki

Faster broadband
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 19:45:20 PM »
Thanks Corbindallas thats amazing - more than we get here in Norfolk!!! We will be living a bit out of the village will this make a difference? Have you all bought computers in Turkey or brought them from the uk? Do you all use lap tops or have PC's? I would be really interested to know what to do with this one. It seems to me that it would be very difficult to take a pc over to Turkey.

Offline steveb1

Faster broadband
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 00:25:16 AM »
jacqki it is easy just remove all parts out of the case then reinstall in a new case in turkey just look at the leads so you get tem the right way round

Offline screamlead

Faster broadband
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 06:57:14 AM »
Not quite as easy as that. If you know what you are doing then no problem but if not then you risk 'blowing' the motherboard unless grounded against static.

Offline Firo

Faster broadband
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 07:54:13 AM »
We found that lap tops are the best option. My desk top just kept overheating all the time so we changed to lap tops...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf