Author Topic: phone and internet lines  (Read 2519 times)

Offline fishman

• Newly Registered
phone and internet lines
« on: March 04, 2013, 12:12:04 PM »
We have got apartment in Hisaronu the complex we are on used to have a phone line into a small reception area but this has not been in use for over two years now.
We was wondering roughly how much it would cost to have a new line run to the apartment so we can set up internet does anyone no if this would be  major problem or do we carry on using the bars wi - fi ! 8)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: phone and internet lines
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 12:51:04 PM »
Turk Telecom will get the line to the property curtalige (if it is not there already) but from that point through to the inside you will need to employ an electrician to connect or cable to the point that Turk Telecom comes into the building.  Cost for this work is not to bad, but expect to pay 30-100TL depending on whether there is any, and how much, cabling is required.

Cost us nothing for Turk Telecom to connect to us last year (cables were already into the site but not connected to our villa) and then the rental is about 20TL a month for a line.  Broadband will cost you somewhere between 30 and 55TL depending on your usage and the deals on offer.

To order a line you need residency, passport, tax number (I think) plus your proper address.  I think that about covers it.  By the way if you have good turkish you'll have no problem at Turk Telecom office, but it is worthwhile taking some one with you who has, as the people there generally do not have any english, or in some cases couldn't give a monkey and are most unhelpful, even if they have!!  Worst place I have come across in Turkey for giving people any assistance :( :(

Offline jackstee

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 14:56:59 PM »
Anyone having problems with internet today. I have noticed during the past few days on and off. Today off all afternoon and came back on 5 mns ago.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 16:38:20 PM »
Then off again for another hour.

The plot thikens, every time I "try" and phone the help lin,121, it comes back on.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf