Author Topic: Frequency of Turkcell Top-up  (Read 3694 times)

Offline robarnet

Frequency of Turkcell Top-up
« on: January 31, 2014, 08:45:09 AM »
We are currently in the UK and use our Turkish mobile, with a Turkcell sim for checking bank accounts etc.  I know that by pressing #123* your can check the balance.  When last in Turkey a Turkish friend checked the date when we needed to top up next, we can't remember what numbers/symbols he keyed into the phone for this information, can any one please help with this information.  Think we are topping up too frequently at the moment as don't want the phone to be locked.  Thanks in advance.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Re: Frequency of Turkcell Top-up
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 12:50:51 PM »
You only need to top up every 6 months to keep the line active.

Offline saoirse

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 15:08:26 PM »
Almost 7 months-210 days

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 08:50:24 AM »
Does anyone know if this is also true for 3G VINN Dongle? A friend who's just gone back to UK has asked. His current package runs out in November and he is concerned that his SIM will be cancelled by the time he comes back in February.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 09:33:45 AM »
The day before we leave I always topup 1 gb for 1 week, it is only 12 tl and there has never been a problem.  On the one occasion our return was delayed our friends took the sim number into Turkcell and put 1 gb on.

Offline rondo

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 15:40:43 PM »
robarnet.sorry only just noticed this it might be*123#  Regards Rondo

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 16:04:41 PM »
I have a uk Samsung phone that I took to Turkey on the advice of a Turkish friend. It was unlocked in the uk and I took it into the local Turkcell shop and asked the guy if he could unlock it so that it would accept a Turkish sim card. This he did and I purchased a turkcell sim card. I put 20tl credit on it and away I went. The phone has been working no problem for 8 months now and has not been blocked as some peoples phones have. I only have one problem, which is that because I don't live in Turkey and only come out for holidays, I leave the phone in our apartment. On returning after a period of say 8 weeks, I find that if I top up the sim with another 20 TL, this doesn't register and I have to put another 20TL on to get it to register on my phone. I asked the Turkcell guy if this is normal and he seemed to say that if you don't use the phone regularly it will go into debt. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 18:25:03 PM »
Does anyone know if this is also true for 3G VINN Dongle? A friend who's just gone back to UK has asked. His current package runs out in November and he is concerned that his SIM will be cancelled by the time he comes back in February.
I use put 1 GB on my 3G Vinn in the last week of October then use it all week then just add credit again when I come in the last week in May.
I have done this for the last 2-3 years. Not had a problem so far and that is a full 7 months between top ups.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 19:29:06 PM »
Thank you Bewva that seems to answer my question.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf