Author Topic: Dual sim  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Susiepink

Dual sim
« on: April 13, 2014, 14:08:57 PM »
First of all apologies if this is a stupid question, from a self confessed technofobe. Apologies if the question has been asked before, I can't find anything though. Since being in Turkey I have my iPhone 5 that I came with, I carry a dongle and use it for Internet. I purchased a cheap samsung mobile to use as my Turkish phone. I have now read something about using an extra sim in my iPhone with an adaptor. This is exciting news, it would mean one less piece of paraphernalia to carry about with me and much more convenient. Can anyone enlighten me as to are they available here, is it as good as it sounds and how much would it cost.  Thanks

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
Re: Dual sim
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 21:32:51 PM »
I can"t advise for sure on cost but I know it is possible.

When I was over recently I went to the Turkcell shop with my Turkish friend who had recently acquired an iPhone; because he uses the phone a lot for his business, he was concerned that the battery would fail. He now has a SIM in both his previous and new phone that use the same number, have internet access etc; I think he just has to make sure that only one is switched on at a time.

As I recall, it wasn't expensive - I think it was around the usual 30-odd lira for a new SIM.

Offline Somerset Simon

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 09:10:25 AM »
Unless the iphone is registered with the tax office, it will be blocked within a few weeks as the IMEI (phone identity) is not turkish tax paid.

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 11:56:05 AM »
I understand that has to be done within 30 days? I've been here 7 months and have residency, would that mean I can't do it?

Offline Marggie

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 14:11:29 PM »
When you next enter Turkey, register it within 30 days of entry.  You will need to show your entry stamp on your passport.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf