Author Topic: Fibre Optic is Coming  (Read 2891 times)

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
Fibre Optic is Coming
« on: July 10, 2015, 13:19:58 PM »
Turk Telecom have been laying fibreoptic cables all over fethiye so of you would have possibly seen the silver cabinets at the end of various road junctions they are talking of speeds of up to 100meg this will be avaliable from january so i am told but only fethiye. ovarcik etc at a later date

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Fibre Optic is Coming
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 13:23:36 PM »
They laid fibre optic cables all over the Kaya Valley about 10 years ago but they still haven't hooked them-up.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: Fibre Optic is Coming
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 12:33:24 PM »
I continue to see Fibre Optic cable being pulled in all over the place now, and perhaps more importantly I have now seen the Fibre Optic being jointed/spliced as well.  Which probably means they are not to far away from delivering a fibre service in parts of Fethiye and then Calis.

I think I understand the need to get the fibre optic in the ground, installed and people signed up by Turk Telecom/TTNET now.  As 4G mobile is promised for next year and that this area is likely to be connected to 4G in the early phases of the Turkish national roll-out.  If there is 4G with its speeds of between 3.5 to 30, there is no longer the need to have a Landline from Turk Telecom and a Broadband from their subsidiary company TTNET, hence, perhaps, the belated delivery of the Fibre : :)  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf