Author Topic: Topping up Turkcell VINN online  (Read 6852 times)

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered
Topping up Turkcell VINN online
« on: July 25, 2015, 12:02:31 PM »
Hi all,

We're over at the moment and topped up our VINN about 10 days ago at the mobile shop down near Burger King/Kipa.

A bit of digging around suggested that I can do this online on the Turkcell website. I thought I'd managed to find my way around the site and added a 4Gb top-up to the SIM number, entered my debit card details and even got a request to confirm my 3D protection password from my UK Building Society for the transaction.

However, no confirmation seemed to come through that the transaction was successful and no credit has appeared on the VINN. Is there an issue using a UK card to top-up?

If I can't top-up online, is there anywhere nearer the main beach area of Calis that I can do it instead, it's a bit of  trek from Lapis to the shop near Kipa! (I noticed SOK on Baris Manco had a Turkcell logo advertised, there perhaps?)

TIA

Offline GlennB

Re: Topping up Turkcell VINN online
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 12:31:15 PM »
Ian, if you go past the Sunday market there's a Turkcell shop further along on the right hand side, you should be able to top up there. 

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 18:51:51 PM »
You can top up at the tills in Migros, Tansas or Bim

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 12:37:15 PM »
You can top up at the tills in Migros, Tansas or Bim

Just browsing through the site and realized I hadn't replied to this! It seems you can only top up phones at the supermarkets, they weren't able to top up the VINN so, it was back down to the Turkcell shop between the Sunday Market and Kipa.

I have managed to work my way through the Turkcell website however but, when trying to top up online am always getting 'transaction cannot be processed at this time'. Is there some restriction on doing this from the UK?

Offline Fran

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 13:23:53 PM »
If you have an online bank account, you can top up through that.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 08:34:03 AM »
I topped up mine in a Turkcell shop yester well im hoping i did! I paid the money and the chap gave me a receicpt with a number on which he highlighted, do i need to do anything re the number on receipt or will the top up automatically have gone on?
Thsnks for sny help...also does anyone know if it is 6 or 9 months you get befiore it becomes in active?

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 08:22:09 AM »
HI, we were told it was 6months, after which time you may need to buy a new sim.  We put 4gb on ours last Tuesday for 40 lira, but it had run out by Saturday night (4 of us using it!) so we had to top up with 10gb yesterday (80lira) at the new little Türk cell shop near Shiraz on ovacik road.   We were given a piece of paper with a number written on it (looks like a phone number?) so I'm presuming that we can check online or top it up using this number? Anybody any ideas? Many thanks

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 08:23:04 AM »
Fran does the online bank account have to be a turkish one?

Offline Fran

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 10:41:51 AM »
I think so as the options come up as to how much data you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline spo6666

• Paul
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 13:20:50 PM »
A couple of years ago I could top up Turkcell online with my British debit card, now you need a Turkish account/card to do this online, my way round it is to use Mobile recharge, ok you pay for the privilege, but it works very well   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf