Author Topic: ADSL works, Phone does not.  (Read 4775 times)

Offline snowtop

Re: ADSL works, Phone does not.
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 07:14:50 AM »
I went to Turkcell offices in Fethiye, went upstairs at 0900hrs 01/10/2015, spoke to a man who speaks English who said it was booked in for fixing.
Last night at 1800hrs, both internet and phone were working properly.
I did not take a Turkish friend after all but preferred to have a go myself.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 21:29:11 PM »
Did they tell you where the fault was located?  Can I suggest that you probably went to the Turk Telecom office, not Turkcell  ;)  Mind you nothing would surprise me about turkish telecom ;D ;D

Offline lissa

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 23:27:20 PM »
Not sure I would care where the fault was as long as it was fixed! To ask might be opening another can of worms!

Offline snowtop

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2015, 06:37:16 AM »
Hi USB, no they did not tell me where the fault was and you are right I didn't go to Turkcell, another Senior Moment I think.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2015, 12:48:07 PM »
The reason why I ask is that I have seen a number of this type of fault, and indeed experienced it myself twice.  The fault is a 'data-fill' issue in the exchange, and is - no surprise here - caused by poor update routines in the exchange, but they never own up to it, and it can be resolved simply and remotely by a Repair Agent and does not require an engineering visit to your house.  But they do and then they try to cover it up by pretending there is a fault in the house (usually the filter!!)/test point o/s the house.  I had one of their techs trying that on with me once and he went off with a flea in his ear when I showed him in the cabinet at our site what he had done to cover up their error.  It's bad enough suffering a fault, but when they try to push the blame on you it heaps insult on injury. >:( >:(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf