Author Topic: wifi  (Read 4301 times)

Offline freebee

• Newly Registered
wifi
« on: February 15, 2017, 12:17:02 PM »
we come over to our apartment between 2 and 4 weeks per year, i I don't have a landline phone connection although there is a phone socket.

I would like wifi to use a laptop for internet , whats the best way to get this? and how much will it cost?

Offline madmart

Re: wifi
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 18:05:45 PM »
If you're only over for a month or so you could try a MiFi or Skyfibrenet. The second option is a bit top heavy on the upfront cost for a month though.

We had Skyfibrenet installed last year as Mrs Madmart was in Calis for 7 weeks last summer, and it was worthwhile. Especially as we were both out again last September.

As a result I do have a MiFi that is now surplus to requirements. It will need a SIM card from a Turkcell shop though.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 19:21:14 PM »
Any suggestions on a good Turkcell shop to go to for a sim? The one I used to go to lost their good English speaker.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 19:29:46 PM »
Scunner, We use the one opposite and just up from the Mulberry Tree.  There is a girl in there that speak very good English and she knows here stuff.
Free bee,
We have WIFi and no land line phone. We paid 60TL to have a box installed on the roof and they we paid 35TL per month when we were over.  We increased that to 50TL per month for an upgrade and get great WIFI service. We only pay when we are over, when we leave it is cut off.
The shop is opposite the B.&.Q on the road into Fethiye.  The lovely Olga, always arranges it to be switched on for us.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 19:50:15 PM »
Thanks Jacqui that will do for me. I'm sabotaging here and sorry about that but any idea on cost? I have a mifi thing so just need a data sim

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 19:55:37 PM »
Have always used Dogus Electronik, quite close to English Home & roughly opposite HSBC on the back road.

Offline madmart

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 20:49:15 PM »
Thanks Jacqui that will do for me. I'm sabotaging here and sorry about that but any idea on cost? I have a mifi thing so just need a data sim

Looks like 50tl per month for 4GB

http://www.turkcell.com.tr/kampanyalar/4-5g-hizinda-kampanyalar/ucuran-4gb-plus

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 22:11:26 PM »
4.5G indeed. Thanks Martin, I only need 10 days worth so that might do the job nicely. Seems to have texts etc too which are no good to me.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 06:00:25 AM »
There is a great English speaking chap in one of the Turkcell shops in Gunlakbasi he was really helpful explaining about the topping up and time constraints re when you would need to buy a new sim, only problem is there are a few Turkcell shops in Gunlakbasi and my directions are not the best!  ;) Also the one on the market road if you were heading towards Kipa were brilliant lovely lady she did not speak any English but phoned someone who did ( I love how they do that out there)...  :) ooh this is making me homesick for the place I cant wait to be back   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf