Author Topic: Driving from Fethiye to Antalya Airport  (Read 1083 times)

Offline berrygirl91

Driving from Fethiye to Antalya Airport
« on: December 09, 2009, 14:12:28 PM »
Hello,
Does anyone know what it is like to travel from Fethiye to Antalya Airport. We have heard that when it snows it can be bad to drive by  car which is our origional plan. We are leaving this week and can not seem to find anything for weather. If anyone has done this journey or knows what the weather conditions are usually like at this time of year on the mountains can you please let me know.

Thanx xx

Offline lisa marie xx

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 14:23:51 PM »
Ive done this journey loads of times! its really not that bad.Obviously depends on times you are driving aswell. We have done it in about 2 and half hours early hours in monring but does usually take a little longer day times. Enjoy xx

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 03:02:22 AM »
dont take chances, i got caught out up there once in bad weather and the trip took 5 hours...not nice. coming from antalya i went to turn back but two lorries had jacknifed blocking the road behind me, the drivers advised me to carry on. a very scary trip,i spotted about 5 cars that had slid off the road and been abandoned.
make sure you take snow chains for your tires,fill up with fuel before you go also a good idea to check with the bus station what the conditions are like.
i take the coast road now if am in any doubt about conditions.

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 03:06:08 AM »
forgot to add, take a shovel,blankets, and a flask of tea with you...that way if you get stuck you can keep warm and have a cup of tea while your wife digs you out of the snow.

Offline booo

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 08:24:11 AM »
The road is okay at the moment but it takes an extra ½ an hour or so to gt there as there is a diversion in place.
This is due to road works and you have to use the old Antalya road. (it is well signposted)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 09:03:56 AM »
It's pretty spectacular when they stop the traffic on the diversionary route to detonate the explosives on the cliffs beside the road that they're widening.

Not so good though when there's a breakdown or accident and traffic backs-up for miles.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf