Author Topic: Well, we did it ......  (Read 56760 times)

Offline Menthol

Re: Well, we did it ......
« Reply #160 on: July 27, 2015, 03:03:41 AM »
Sounds like a plan echogirl   ;)

Offline Menthol

« Reply #161 on: July 27, 2015, 04:25:36 AM »
Garden April 2014

After the storm April 2014

Emptying and cleaning the pool day April 2014

Summer's coming - or maybe not ...  April 2014

Nope, summer IS here! April 2014

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #162 on: July 27, 2015, 08:46:14 AM »
Jaqdav, I know exactly what you mean about shoes.....I had the most enormous collection in the UK!

The one pair I couldn't bear to leave behind were some stunning D&G heels that cost me a small fortune.....and no, I haven't worn them here yet!

I have pretty much lived in my Uggs and fluffy slippers (winter), Converse (autumn/spring) and flip flops (summer), plus walking boots. It's all you need!  ;D

Offline Menthol

« Reply #163 on: July 27, 2015, 22:34:10 PM »
The pool is a constant source of pleasure. Just looking at it glinting in all it's blue loveliness, then the jumping in to its welcome coolness on a scorching day. And then there's the kidding myself that swimming 30 'lengths' of it most days is the equivalent of training for the marathon.  :D

We had it drained, acid cleaned and re-grouted last year and put in a new pump and lights. It has at various times been used mid morning right through to early hours of the morning. Family arriving at 4am at the house and jumping straight into the pool and watching the sunrise from there.

Late April 2014 - we had several rather impressive storms. Terribly difficult to catch the lightning on camera but we do have an excellent storm watching position and can see weather 'happening' to many areas of the Fethiye region before it gets to us or often misses us completely.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #164 on: July 27, 2015, 23:30:03 PM »
Magnificent views from your villa, Menthol! Can't wait to see them for real!

Offline Menthol

« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2015, 00:10:35 AM »
Late April 2014 - finally we have some furniture delivered.

The furniture delivery men left the driveway gate open when they left. Not too much of a problem generally speaking but I'd already had 'An Unfortunate Incident With A Goat In The Pool' and I wasn't keen to repeat it.
I didn't notice the open gate until later when it was dark. By this time I was in PJs, fleecy dressing gown and sporting a mud pack on my face but thought I'd better venture out and close it.
When I opened the door onto pitch black night and stepped out onto the driveway, I was struck by a very strong musky aroma. Before I had much chance to ruminate on this, I became aware of a large-tusked and bristly face to my left shadowed by another. And in the darkness I believe there was a third. As the wild boar, panicked by my presence seemed to be heading for the open house door, I also bolted back to the house, stumbling in slippered feet on crunchy gravel.
Door slammed shut, I walked back into my living room relieved that smelly boars had not had chance to rub their stinkiness on my new furnishings. I caught sight of myself in the wall mirror. I've decided to share the reflection with you.

Good night all.

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
« Reply #166 on: July 28, 2015, 07:25:42 AM »
No wonder they ran!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Lotty

« Reply #167 on: July 28, 2015, 07:48:55 AM »
Ha-haha!  - I wonder who was the most scared! Great pictorial series of events Menthol, keep it going.  :D

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #168 on: July 28, 2015, 07:58:52 AM »
You know how the same image always pops into your head when someone's name is mentioned...........   
 ;D  ;)

Offline Menthol

« Reply #169 on: July 29, 2015, 01:12:43 AM »
May 2014 heralded some stunningly clear weather. We can see for miles from the house and my particular obsession is glimpsing Rhodes on the southern horizon (on the left side of the rounded hill in the photograph below). I haven't seen it in months at the moment as the heat haze hides it from view but when it clears later in the year, I'll feel a special thrill for some reason when it appears as a blue shadow through the day and we can see the lights of Faliraki at night.

TA's first dip in the pool of 2014.
DAY 1: Twenty minutes of 'umming and ahhing and walking round the pool, with two fag breaks. Teetering on the edge several times at various positions around the pool, staring at the water. When I finally said, 'For !***! sake, just jump in the bloody pool!', he sulked off into the house accusing me of bullying.
DAY 2: Twenty minutes of 'umming and ahhing and walking round the pool, with two fag breaks. Teetering on the edge several times, staring at the water. When I finally said, 'For !***! sake, just jump in the bloody pool!', he jumped in.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf