Author Topic: Big Thanks !!!!  (Read 2929 times)

Offline Pi55y

Big Thanks !!!!
« on: October 28, 2009, 22:29:29 PM »
A great big thanks to Kevin3 who has not only purchased the donated new scanner/printer/fax advertised under the Buy and Sell section of this forum to raise money for the carnival charity -  but has now donated it straight back to us to give to one of the poor schools.

Kevin has been very generous and supportive, bringing out boxes of pens for the kids, raffle/tombola prizes, donating a signed print for our auction as well as successfully bidding on items and it is support like this that is really making a difference to the kids.

A big, big thank you from all of the Carnival Committee :D

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Big Thanks !!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 22:37:42 PM »
Also many thanks go to Kevin and Susan who actually provided the printer in the first place along with other gifts and generous donations for the auction.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 22:39:31 PM by mercury »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Big Thanks !!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 22:39:21 PM »
Kevin3 is an incredibly warm and generous soul towards local good causes, more than he'd probably thank me for mentioning, so I'll leave that there :D

Sorry Kev but you are one of a kind, I hope you are also embarrassed by this topic  ;)

Offline Pi55y

Big Thanks !!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 06:39:00 AM »
There are some really kind-hearted generous people about and we certainly could not raise money for the children without the help and support of these individuals - a big, big thank you to all of our supporters.

We hope that when other people see what is being achieved for the kids in the area, not just by us but by other charities such as Embrace and also FIG in Fethiye, that they may also like to help us with our efforts, no matter how big or small.  Any help, donations, gifts, car boot items, "Promises" for next year's Promises Auction are always gratefully accepted. Also the Committee welcomes your ideas for future events and fund raising as at the end of the day besides raising money for disadvantaged children, we want to provide a calendar of fun events that you would like and not just what we think you would like. Please contact me through the forum with any suggestions or donations  :)

Offline ronzeus

Big Thanks !!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 09:22:39 AM »
Well done Kevin.

Offline dreamon

Big Thanks !!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 22:28:33 PM »
Chrissie, I have been involved in many local good causes and charities.The successful ones all have one thing in common, they all have sombody who actualy gets off their A*** and organizes things,sells tickets ect. Hard cash is always needed but what you and those like you give is far more valuable you give your time and energy to these causes. Keep up the good work. ;)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Big Thanks !!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 00:08:15 AM »
Thank you for your kind words,but the praise belongs to the fundraisers.I feel very privileged to be able to visit this area quite often and enjoy the hospitality of the locals.But the one thing that does upset me is the sight of people having to scavenge for food ect'in the wheelie bins,and driving around the roads surrounding our lovely holiday homes and seeing the living conditions some of the families dwell in.Some of the kids here really are "Children in Need".Please help the Committee to help them.

:)

Offline june

Big Thanks !!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 15:16:16 PM »
Well done Kev, you are indeed a kind and generous man...I know I have had the pleasure to meet you... :)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Big Thanks !!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 15:05:13 PM »
Another very big thanks to Engin from Fethiye property services. We asked him for a quote for double glazed windows at Yaniklar school. No-one would have believed the water that was pouring in during the recent storms.!! Anyway he and his glazier are doing the job at cost price. Engin is also providing a builder at his own expense to repair the walls and surrounds before the windows are fitted. He says that he was very happy to help as we (Calis carnival committee) are doing so much for the children of the area. What a lovely guy. Anne

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Big Thanks !!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 15:20:17 PM »
well done Engin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf