Author Topic: Bostans Tea Party  (Read 1539 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Bostans Tea Party
« on: March 31, 2010, 14:00:16 PM »
Well not really but last week Edi had her 60th Birthday party there and instead of having cards anf presents she asked friends for donations for the Animal Shelter.

We emptied the donation box today and took 285 Lira 8) well done to all who attended and Thank you Recep and Carol for hosting the party and allowing the donation box to be there.

The box will remain there for the time being if anyone wants to make donations whilst passing or perhaps calling in for the now weekly BBQ which are excellent and great value:P

Tinx ;)

Offline hubblebubbles

Bostans Tea Party
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 17:48:52 PM »
Just a word of warning as I understand it  It is illegal to have collection boxes other than those authorised and sealed Worth checking with Dilek in Fetav Having the collection instead of presents on the night of her birthday was a lovely idea from Edi but the box should not remain in a public place

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Bostans Tea Party
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 17:54:32 PM »
Don't worry Mavis, it's not a permanent fixture just sat there til I can find a car to pick it up in ;)

Offline busybee

Bostans Tea Party
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 19:11:45 PM »
Many many thanks to Eddie, what a wonderful gesture and it will be such a help to the animal sanctuary which do such sterling work.

Offline marjo

Bostans Tea Party
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 19:19:51 PM »
It was a great night too! Really enjoyed it-bought a creme egg in the 'auction' & won a bottle of Russian Martini (!) in the roll-a-lira game. And, of course, the food was fantastic!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf