Author Topic: Car Boot Sale this Sunday  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Pi55y

Car Boot Sale this Sunday
« on: January 21, 2011, 21:06:06 PM »
Just a reminder that it is the Calis Children's Charity Car Boot Sale this Sunday. Here's hoping for good weather and we hope to see lots of you there.

The sale takes place in the car park next to the Bahar Hotel and set up is from 6.30 am.  Stalls cost 15 TL and this includes 2 tables.

All money raised from the stall fees and from the sale of donated items on the Children's Charity Committee stall goes directly to help fund projects for needy children in the local area.  If you have any unwanted items to donate for this good cause, please feel free to drop them off at the stall during the morning - every little helps and is appreciated.  Thank you  :)

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 13:52:04 PM »
A big thanks to those who braved the elements at this morning's car boot sale.  The committee were all up at 5.00 am to be there for 6.00 am and after waiting for a while to see what the weather was going to throw at us, the rain stopped and quite a few intrepid booters (mostly Turkish) set up stall. Unfortunately the rain returned and the boot closed early at 10.00 am.  That was 6 hours ago and it is still raining!!!!

Despite the weather and the low turnout we still managed to raise almost 500TL for the children - thank you  :)

Offline posleeds

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 14:15:39 PM »
Well done...like you say once it started it never stopped - at least you had a couple of hours rain free.

Offline Dizzy Jan

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 16:24:09 PM »
I think I learnt a valuable lesson today car boots and torrential rain do not go together :) :) :)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 17:02:19 PM »
Here here. 2 hours sleep. Being doused with cold water and being soaked to the skin isnt particularly good fun but at least we made 500TL for the kids. Just taken from 11 a.m to 4 p.m. to get warmed through. Never mind see everyone at the next one.xx

Offline sunlover

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 18:54:37 PM »
Well done to all of you :), a great amount considering the short time you had before the rain came down...

Sounds a very wet day there:(

sunlover

Offline busybee

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 19:11:27 PM »
I got so chilled even my teeth were cold!! But a great amount still for the few hours we did trade.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf