Author Topic: Baby Hamsters  (Read 1726 times)

Offline crystalgirl

« on: July 03, 2011, 06:57:33 AM »
I am soon going to looking after some abanded hamster pups and there mummy.  They are only about 8 days at the mo, as far as I can tell- and I have also been told they all have white fur which has started growing-but I will only really be able to tell once they come out of there nest.  There are about 6 pups presently that I will need to find homes for plus Mum-she is white Syrian hamster with red eyes, and at the moment it is difficult to tell her temperment, she has been through a lot poor little thing.  Once they get bigger I am going to handle them, so they should be very friendly hamsters-which you don't know when you buy them from a pet shop.  

YOu are welcome to have 2-but please be aware they cannot be housed together, they must have seperate cages-and you not be able to breed with these either as they are siblings.  Also too cages must not be small-there are such dinky cages around which are unsuitable-do some research on the internet and you will find out what I am talking about-you can even make 'bin cage' out of big plastic storage boxes, which give them a large surface to round around on-I will be asking about your cage when you come for a visit.  If the hammies have different markings you are welcome to visit once they are moving around to choose which one you would like-and I will spend more time with it-but as I said before its possible they are all white!

There will be a fee per hammie-for 2 reasons-one to show dedication and another is because some people buy hammies to feed to there reptiles I certainly do not want this.  12 lira (5 pound) per hammie-I will be honest and say they are 10 lira in the pet shops, but I would have spent lots of time with them, and also I have to buy woodflakes and food etc which is readily available at pets shops-for half the price.  Please do not let this put you off, as I said before this is also for their protection.

Hamsters make fab pets for children and adults a like.

SO hope Animal Aid don't mind me butting in but they are little animals that have been through so much and need loving homes too xxx
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 07:02:22 AM by crystalgirl »

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Baby Hamsters
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 09:29:38 AM »
we use to have hamster they are great pets
once i could not find a t-towel i had left by their cage, it was inside uesd as bedding were they had stredded it
so i watched what i left by their cage sfter that

Offline crystalgirl

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 16:38:06 PM »
Sorry to say Hamsters are no longer available.  Sorry for any disappointment.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf