Author Topic: Beautiful kitten found  (Read 1755 times)

Offline grizabella

Beautiful kitten found
« on: February 22, 2012, 17:49:29 PM »
Carol and Recep found a long haired,white female kitten on the road between Bim and Alo 24 this evening.She has blue eyes and we think she is deaf.She could either be a Turkish Van or and Angora.She has definately been well cared for as her coat is very clean and has no matting in it.Been in touch with Andy from Animal Aid and he is looking for a foster home for her but I am sure someone must have lost her and be frantically looking for her.At present she is at Carol and Receps house.If anyone knows of or has lost this kitten please call Carol.

Offline grizabella

Beautiful kitten found
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 16:25:07 PM »
After trailing around the local area and visiting several shops to ask if anyone had lost an angora kitten,we had no joy in finding her owners.She is now being fostered by a friend with a view to permanency if no owners turn up.This lady has had long haired cats and understands the special needs this kitten has i.e. the deafness and I am sure  the kitten will have a fabulous home being pampered and preened.Poor Recep wanted to keep the little thing but with 6 cats at home and Alphie at the hotel it was not possible.Thankyou Sandra for stepping into the breach.

Offline kizkucuk

Beautiful kitten found
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 17:59:25 PM »
Kitty has lots of personality - I adopted an older Van cat about 6 weeks ago - he has a short memory he's hissed and spat and been horrid to the poor little thing - definitely not the sort of welcome we give in this house.  

She's had some food and a drink and has given him a swipe when he got too close - they are now sleeping on seperate chairs - she's obviously been well looked after and I'm half hoping that her owners will turn up - either that or my Van will fall in love with her and not want her to leave.  Although deaf she responds well to sign a finger wag.    

My husband has semi recovered from the shock - but seems to think that I'm desperate to keep her.......... she is very cute.  My daughter in the UK asked me how I knew she was deaf and I told her she was miowing in sign language  :-)

Offline grizabella

Beautiful kitten found
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 18:59:29 PM »
Lovely to meet you,another totally besotted cat lover to add to my list.I'm sure your big boy will soon settle down with her and be her friend and confident!!!!!!

Offline kizkucuk

Beautiful kitten found
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 19:38:47 PM »
Well great news for the cat but sad new for me......her owners have come forward - they have just collected her - a very emotional reunion.   Lots of happy children  :-)   Grizabella I'll drop your box back at the new Bostans tomorrow  :-)      Sandy

Offline grizabella

Beautiful kitten found
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 07:59:13 AM »
Sorry you were put through such an emotional time Sandy but great news for the kitten.Sounds as though they were ecstatic to have her back home.Seemingly they tried Serkan the vet first then were looking around the area by the chicken shop.Thanks for dropping back the box as need it to transport a street cat to my vet.Seems to have hurt his leg very badly and needs treatment.Hope to be able to catch him tomorrow.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf