Author Topic: Big Thanks  (Read 2617 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Big Thanks
« on: May 10, 2012, 19:27:00 PM »
I would like to thank on behalf of the 3 c's. a man who lives in Istanbul. He has a facebook friend called Charlotte Weller and he sends her his daughters clothes for selling. These clothes must be very special because they have just raised 400TL and he has asked her to give the money to our charity as she knows me through a friend and knows what we do.Yigit sent another cargo load down which was lost by Aras cargo. He said he wouldnt send it again because it wasnt worth the trouble. Charlotte sent him the link from this forum about Bozalan and he was so moved that he is going to re send that load and send some more as soon as possible for Charlotte to sell just for us. Charlotte has a waiting list for these clothes as they are excellent quality. It is heartwarming to know that a family in Istanbul who must be quite well off in comparison to most here should think about the poor kids here. So thanks to both of them.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Big Thanks
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 19:34:34 PM »
Yes indeed, well done to Charlotte and Istanbul man :D

It does show that sharing the Bozalan CBF topic link on Facebook can expose the project to people in friends lists that would almost definitely never have come across it - so please keep sharing the link and asking your friends to. It just added 400TL thanks to Charlotte doing that and 400 lira buys loads  :)

If you are unsure how to post the Bozalan link into your Facebook it is as easy as copying this: {A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}45967 and going to Facebook and pasting it straight in to your status box, and click the blue Post button. Job done!

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Re: Big Thanks
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 10:56:45 AM »
I met with Charlotte again 2 weeks ago and she gave me another 450TL raised by selling childrens clothes again from Istanbul. She also along with her friend Pauline gave me a car full of donations to sell in our shop. So again Thanks very very much to u both.

Offline Dizzy Jan

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 11:36:31 AM »
Can I also say a big thank you to those people that live in the U.K. who support us so well. In the last few weeks we have had school uniforms, loads of item for schools and two lots of beautiful knitted items for children without your support we would not be able to do what we do and as a committee we thank you very much. You know who you are and we appreciate the fact that you do help us, despite living busy life's in England you find the time.
Yes we are shouting THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 11:40:39 AM »
She also along with her friend Pauline gave me a car full of donations

You should get quite a lot for the car too!

Well done ladies...

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 19:53:53 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Seriously folks, thanks for all of your help and support.  There is no way that the 3C's could do what we are doing to help the children without the help of all you great people out there. 

Offline busybee

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 21:00:36 PM »
Its amazing how kind people are and it certainly seems to bring the best out in people by helping others.  Our 3C's Charity Shop is now coming up to its first birthday (I feel a party coming on) and we couldnt have survivied and been so scuccessful without your donations.  Thanks to all and a big thanks to all the volunteers who work tirelessly in the shop and do a grand job.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Big Thanks
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 21:37:15 PM »
I can't believe it's a year! Yes, we definitely need a party to celebrate. the shop managers not bad either  :)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 05:29:50 AM »
Spooky, I was just thinking the same thing on Saturday  8)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 18:29:39 PM »
Bit of a tyrant but otherwise she is OK. joking joking. Love her to bits. xxx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf