Author Topic: Calis Children In Need Day this Friday  (Read 3327 times)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Calis Children In Need Day this Friday
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 19:26:27 PM »
Don't think we should open a cafe B !!!

Offline jul bri

Re: Calis Children In Need Day this Friday
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 20:15:25 PM »
Lin , i join your your club,i tried to make a sponge for tomorrow ,everyone been given me receipes that wont fail .Guess what !!!
Brian ,commented when they came out the oven,didnt rise very much,lucky i was in a good mood......He did say he would go out and get 1/2a kilo of kiymak and jam to make it bigger ,
I have been taking the oven book to bed to read this week,LOL because i said it must be the oven, i have thrown buns out to chicken,2 lots of scones i made on diff days ...
I have put the bisuit /sponge in tin to take down tomorrow ,i think thats were it will stay,i will look at everyones elses first....then die.
Julia

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 20:39:46 PM »
I might throw a sicky rather than see how clever everyone else has been

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 20:45:42 PM »
Dont you dare.!!! lol... The others have made loads cakes and we have had 3 donated by friends. Plenty for everyone.....Its gonna be a great day. Fun Fun Fun. There was a great dance party after the quiz last year everyone dancing on the prom... Erhan dressed as a woman is a sight I will never forget. 

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 20:56:12 PM »
Im coming as a chef and Johns coming as a cooker repair man

Offline busybee

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 06:03:13 AM »
Just dont John put any shelves up!!!

Offline busybee

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 20:33:04 PM »
What a fab day we have had at the Eyna for Children in Need, home made cakes, great coffee, raffle, super quiz and many of us in great fancy dress outfits.  Thank you to all who supported us today, made cakes, and those that tried to make cakes lol and generally came along to join in the fun. It was packed to the rafters and we even had to borrow tables and chairs from another bar.  As always a big thanks to Erhan and his staff who served us well.  We made approx 430TL for the local kids, Chrissie will put exact amount on. The weather was kind to us too.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2012, 09:09:40 AM »
A great day, very relaxing and enjoyable.  We made 402TL on home made cakes and a small raffle plus there were loads of donations in the buckets - but can't give this figure until they are unlocked at FETAV and counted.   The shop also did well and we sold lots of books at the book sale.  Thanks to Nalan and Erhan for letting us take over the front of the restaurant - yet again!

Thanks to all who attended and supported.  Also a big thanks to Pete for a really good Children In Need  quiz (I know I am biased but think he did a really good job).  Don't forget he does a Fun quiz (similar format without the CIN questions) every Friday at the Eyna - all welcome.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2012, 10:00:58 AM »
This guy just turned up but we have no idea who he is as he usually wears a dress on these occasions..

Leave him alone Rod. x

Offline Mary Howarth

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2012, 12:14:12 PM »
Yes i think we all had a great day well worth all the effort and a big thank you to Peter for all is effort in preparing the quiz questions it was  a great singalong. Plus all the cakes and fancy dresses by everyone and all the people who made it there well done to one and all.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf