Author Topic: More news on the brothers  (Read 9977 times)

Offline hubblebubbles

More news on the brothers
« on: February 13, 2015, 15:02:41 PM »
Day of very mixed emptions for me. Delighted to say my daughters operation was a success so I can stop chewing my fingers. Sadly not such good news for one of the brothers. I have been at the hospital with them again this morning but this time we went to the Letoon . They have discovered that apart from the genetic disease the eldest boy has also contracted something they called Camel Foot. It is an infection that enters through the feet and if left untreated it actually eats into the bones. They are saying that this has gone undetected for a few years despite being seen at a hospital in Antalya. The only thing they can do to stop it spreading further into his bones is to amputate. We were all in shock and there were a few tears shed by us all. The family  are not ready to make a decision on it  yet but we are hoping to persuade the family  it isn't the end of the world  by  showing them pictures on the internet of how amputees can still have a normal life. It is now more important to us to see this family have a proper home and some very good and kind friends of mine have donated free new beds for them all for when the cowshed becomes living quarters. I am hoping to visit this Sunday so will be able to take pictures . Please spare a prayer for them .

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: More news on the brothers
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 15:23:24 PM »
Such desperate news. :(

Words fail me :(

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 15:42:55 PM »
On Mavis what bad news for the family.  I sounds as though amputation is the only way forward for the boy.  Lots of thoughts and prayers are with all the family.xx

Offline Lotty

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 15:49:13 PM »
Unbelievably sad, how much more for these children and their family to bear. Heartbreaking news.

Some good news at least, I'm so pleased to hear your daughter has come through her operation well   :).

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 16:24:44 PM »
"Some good news at least, I'm so pleased to hear your daughter has come through her operation well"

Yes indeed lotty. My apologies hubblebubbles - it was remiss of me not to mention this - it was just that the news on the brothers was so devastating.

Offline marina

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 17:17:32 PM »
Heartbreaking news about the little boy.  Not ashamed to say I've just shed a tear reading this. 
Thoughts and prayers with them all. 

Very pleased to hear that your daughter's operation has been a success though. 

Offline hubblebubbles

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 19:49:11 PM »
Thank you for the lovely replies and the good wishes for my daughter. It is so kind of you all.  We at Embrace had a discussion on the family and have decided that for the next year ALL our efforts are going to be centred on this lovely family . We will do our utmost to help in any way. We realise there are hundreds of "poor" families but for this family to have to deal with this illness in both of their children must be devastating for them . We can certainly make a good start on the conversion but later when the funds start running low we will certainly have to try a special fundraiser for them to complete the project and then to get a new roof on before next winter . It is a heartbreaking story.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 19:52:29 PM »
Count me in on the special fundraiser please.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 20:16:21 PM »
Me too Mavis.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 20:50:00 PM »
I am sure our Highlander can dream up a scheme to get money for this very special cause.  Count me in too

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf