Author Topic: latest plans to help the brothers  (Read 2506 times)

Offline hubblebubbles

latest plans to help the brothers
« on: February 17, 2015, 15:19:10 PM »
After spending the day with them all on Sunday along with a member of our team and her husband a different decision has been reached .Because the 12year old has to have his foot amputated the access to their present living accommodation is totally unsuitable as he would have to climb many unstable stairs which are too narrow to allow any one to help him. There is another "building" on the land which is in an appalling condition as it  has housed animals.  We  have decided the most sensible option would be to demolish this building completely and build using as much recycled material as we can salvage. The parents  have a large family of brothers and sisters who are being very supportive and will help with all the labouring. The animals they have are going to be sold apart from one cow to supply their milk. The father wants to put the money he can raise towards the cost of building materials. No cash will be handed over at all but the invoices for materials will  sent to Fetav who will then check them before paying them from our account. The young lad has shed many tears over the prospect of the amputation and another of our priorities will be to try to get him a good false foot fitted as soon as he has healed sufficiently .

Offline hubblebubbles

Re: latest plans to help the brothers .. part 2
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 15:55:53 PM »
They plan to demolish the building as soon as the weather improves as they still have snow . The new building needs to be completed before he has the amputation so he has a clean environment to come home to. Their less than basic living quarters now are kept extremely clean but If I tell you the tiny kitchen has a piece of plastic sacking hanging from the ceiling next to the sink......... You pull this to one side and that is the toilet......you will realise why we urgently need to give the boys a better home .The new  beds my friends donated have been delivered and are being stored in a neighbours house. The boys are unbelievably excited they will have a proper room with beds so we are hoping the excitement will help him come to terms with losing his foot . The saddest part is this could possibly have been prevented according to the doctor at Letoon. The eldest boy went into Antalya hospital 2 years ago to have his bones straightened to allow him to walk better .They were told the operation would last many hours. Within half an hour of him going into surgery he was back out on the ward. They had started surgery then sewn him back up without doing any thing to the ankle . The doctor at Letoon believes the trouble had started then and they did not know what to do about it so It was left alone . The  results of the biopsies taken at the time have not been registered which made him even more sure . How sad is that. At the moment our funds along with the generous donation from Johns competition will enough to get the project going and we have to keep enough in reserve in case we are lucky enough to manage to get an appointment with the professor in Istanbul  I will try to put pics of the original building and will visit to see the progress and take more pics.

Offline hubblebubbles

Re: latest plans to help the brothers
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 17:06:14 PM »

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 17:24:47 PM »
Thanks for the pics Mavis.  Please keep us up to date with the family,  there are several of us on here who are happy to offer some financial donations as needed.  You are a very special lady.

Offline hubblebubbles

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 15:33:34 PM »
No I am not special in any way but I am very  fortunate in having three healthy children four healthy grandchildren and five healthy great grandchildren so I cannot begin to imagine the horror this mother feels so to be able to help them in any way feels the right thing to do . They are such lovely people and Embrace feel they were put into our pathway for a reason.We will make this happen for sure.

Offline patrice

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 16:06:48 PM »
Thanks for the pics Mavis.  Please keep us up to date with the family,  there are several of us on here who are happy to offer some financial donations as needed.  You are a very special lady.

Yes you are a special lady Mavis very few people would put their heart and soul into what you are determined to achieve good luck.With you all the way.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf