Author Topic: The Rugby World Cup Fund Raiser  (Read 26016 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: The Rugby World Cup Fund Raiser
« Reply #170 on: October 31, 2015, 22:01:04 PM »
Great totatl H.  What a wonderful job you did.

Marina, No N.Z. Whisky, just Single Scottish Malt.   :)

Offline marina

« Reply #171 on: October 31, 2015, 22:06:41 PM »
Fantastic amount H,  well done!  :)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #172 on: November 01, 2015, 06:23:12 AM »
H

Heartfelt thanks to your goodself, both for your organisational & persuasive skills, from everyone at 3C's. It's another brilliant achievement that highlights, once again, the wonderful generousity of the CBF family.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #173 on: November 01, 2015, 06:58:18 AM »
A fantastic result, well done H and thank you for organising this for the charity. Thank you Marina and everyone who has generously contributed. A great amount raised, great fun and really great rugby.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #174 on: November 01, 2015, 08:25:43 AM »
Brilliant result H! ;D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #175 on: November 01, 2015, 14:18:10 PM »
Thanks to marina for her lovely gesture and to each of the following for taking part……..

bewva, badger, strange, pi55y, mr toky, lotty, MSB, toky, jim fraser, hamlet, marina, stuartT, lizdev, chris35, captain squiffy, echogirl1, phil5257 and Jacqui harvey

Thanks also to swindsor who didn’t manage to take part but contributed nonetheless.

But I very much want to round up this fund raiser by publicly acknowledging receipt of an extremely generous donation which was made some time ago by a member who wishes to remain anonymous. This is by no means the first time this member has made a substantial donation.  Thank you so very much

But it seems I really will never learn because yet again I failed to factor in the generosity of CBF members.

I am delighted to report that the total you, CBF members have raised is in fact £ 500.00.

Sorry to post something negative in a wonderfully positive topic but I note exactly the same list of members putting their hands in their pockets AGAIN.

What a shame so many take huge pleasure out of Turkey and never seem to value it enough to put something back, even a fiver to help people who will never get one holiday let alone an annual one.

I've said it  and now I will shut up.

Well done H and well done the usual suspects 8)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #176 on: November 02, 2015, 21:00:09 PM »
What to say - I find it difficult.

First thing for us to remember is that if there no was Calis Beach Forum we wouldn't be discussing who takes part and who doesn't. So thanks for the platform scunner

And as he (and I) always say - taking part in any fund raiser on here is not a condition of CBF membership.

I am always grateful for the support I am given on here and the continued support (along with Rachel's nod of approval) is what makes it all worthwhile.

All that having been said, there are substantially more members now than when we did the first fund raiser and when the "usual suspects" stepped up to the plate for the first time.

It seems inconceivable to me that some of those "new" members have not received good, sound advice on here which has helped them and/or simply derived hours of enjoyment from the Forum.

Does that suggest that it might be nice to give just a little to help kids who really do have next to nothing ? I have to leave that up to the individual because charity is a very personal thing.

I have to say that whether or not we can attract new participants will become apparent very, very soon because it's Advent Calendar time.  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #177 on: November 02, 2015, 21:14:24 PM »
Well said H.   :'(

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #178 on: November 02, 2015, 21:14:38 PM »
bewva - many thanks your donation which was safely received

And I would like everyone to know that not only did marina forego her "prize" she sent money for the second part (Scotland's participation).

What a lovely lady - this is for you

Offline marina

« Reply #179 on: November 02, 2015, 21:49:04 PM »
Thank you Highlander    :)

You are right in saying that charity is a very personal thing and I certainly don't donate to every one that asks me to.  However in this case, because I am so grateful for my three gorgeous, healthy grandsons (4, 15 months and 9 months) who will hopefully never see the hardships and problems faced by the children that the 3C's work hard to help and support and, because we have had so many wonderful holidays in Calis and made many friends there, I feel privileged to be one of the many generous people on here who give a bit back and do something to help them.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf