Author Topic: The Ashes  (Read 2796 times)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
The Ashes
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 12:36:50 PM »
What's that cricket thingy all about anyway,running up and down between two sets of firewood for days on end, and all the winners end up with, is a rusty old bucket with some ancient ashes in there? As well as shed loads of money, of course,:-\:DThey wanna get a REAL job, like fishin'
or greasy-pole climbin',oooops!   :o:DShouldn't really mention the Poles, they can't play the daft bloody game either.
Gordy, Haggis Plucking Champion,1987-1994.: :): :)[^]
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 12:39:25 PM by GordonA »

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
The Ashes
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2006, 21:10:24 PM »
Gordy, I'm looking forward to a little 'Haggis plucking' next month after my next trip to Calis [^]. It will be far more enjoyable than following the lack of fortune of the England team in the Ashes!
Pete :(

Offline hoops man

The Ashes
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 12:41:29 PM »
Cricket!!Well north of the border we have a better game called roonders.The rules are very easy and without silly words like stumps,lbw,2 over 3 over 6 etc etc.Dont understand any of that.Thought it was an English game as well!!We have words like Run ya bugger,ya beauty its ower the wah,yil never catch that ya eejit,yi swing that bat like a handbag ya woos.Yes a Mans game.You can keep cricket with your lovely fancy white troosers and jumpers.We play roonders wae the same claes own wi had the day afore an the day afore that.Any other Scots agree?

Ron

Offline GordonA

The Ashes
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 14:59:47 PM »
Waaaheeey, Hoops man, Aye, ye cannae beat a good gemme o' "Roonders", we used tae play in the street, Maws 'n' Paws ana'! An'whit aboot "Kick the Can"? Bliddy great fun, No sae mony motor caurs then tho'whit?
Gordy

Offline amca

The Ashes
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 15:49:19 PM »
Let me explain

Yes one cannot do better than have a good game of rounders, we used to engage in just such an activity in the street, Mothers and Fathers also! Should one also remember Kick The Metal Container? Absolutely  great entertainment. There were far fewer motor vehicles at that time, however, do you agree?

Offline apollo

The Ashes
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 16:11:53 PM »
Congratulations to the Aussies for winning the Ashes.They will now go for a 5-0 white wash.  A fantastic team effort.

Roll on 2008 or is it 2009 and we can try again.

Offline GordonA

The Ashes
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 17:08:41 PM »
Hey Amca, you must be someones Scottish Uncle, damn good translation of the old Scots dialect, what?
Gordy.

Offline hoops man

The Ashes
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2006, 11:29:26 AM »
Well  it seems ta me that Gordy is the only yin own this forum that speaks the Queens English properly.That geezer must bee fae the north like ma sell.keep it up big yin.The sootheners canny talk proper yit.Am dain English lessons in fethiye if any o yi want tae come alang!!yi canny bring yir misses or the wains though.Thats takin it too far!!!Only the geezers so wi kin huv a laugh.Yi kin bring the dug though jist incase yi faw behind.am no against the english so dinna think awe that cause ma dugs fae liverpool in huz an iq biggur thin yer Scottish prime minister!!

Mc Ron    dinnae take it too serious

Offline amca

The Ashes
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2006, 11:55:17 AM »
Let me explain.

Thisblokesleringhowtaetocturkishbuthisdugismairclevercositsfaeliverpool!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
The Ashes
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2006, 21:23:57 PM »
Forgive me gents - all this Scots banter may be amusing - but this is the "Other Sports Forum"

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf