Author Topic: Murray win  (Read 2843 times)

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
Murray win
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2008, 20:12:26 PM »
The Scots lad done good to get this far 8)

Offline fletch

Murray win
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2008, 20:26:18 PM »
the Spanish lad did better! :D:D

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
Murray win
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2008, 21:09:51 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by mike A

The Scots lad done good to get this far 8)

Well he got as far as was expected but the difference in class was very apparent tonight. He has a way to go to reach the level of Federer and Nadal. I hope he makes the leap.

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
Murray win
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2008, 23:20:53 PM »
Come on tim. If you really want that is, he doesn't play tennis anymore does he? We all have to make a living.

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Murray win
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2008, 23:35:58 PM »
I was incenced how the BBC and others were preparing us for him to fail in the next round in less that 12 hours after seeing the best tennis match for a decade - wonderful tennis. This was another example of highlighting a failure (to come) rather than acknowledging a success to savour. Also an example of reporters trying to make victims i.e. preparing its audience for a possible traumatic defeat. Why can't they just enjoy the moment and honour success.  Ranked 12 in the world is not a failure BBC. Just wait and see we shall not be a success in the Olympics or in Cricket or in football even if we do well.

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
Murray win
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 09:23:07 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Twin Bee

I was incenced how the BBC and others were preparing us for him to fail in the next round in less that 12 hours after seeing the best tennis match for a decade - wonderful tennis.

He did play a wonderful match however I think the comments were more to do with the quality of his next opponent and surely any concerns were justfied as per the result.

Ps,I have Nadal in the sweepstake at work and stand to win 30 quid if Nadal wins. I actually want Federer but either way it's a win win for me !   ;)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 09:25:44 AM by Jukebox »

Offline Twin Bee

Murray win
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2008, 13:10:37 PM »
Jukebox; But why must we degrade success by calling it failure. Journalists do this because they are too lazy to find a better story and they think we want to read about it.

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
Murray win
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2008, 13:27:40 PM »
quote:

Jukebox; But why must we degrade success by calling it failure. Journalists do this because they are too lazy to find a better story and they think we want to read about it.

They will make statements which will whip up controversy and it turn sell newspapers and increase viewers.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 17:26:23 PM by Jukebox »

Offline Twin Bee

Murray win
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2008, 17:38:49 PM »
So much for honest endeavour, ethical reporting, stating facts rather than fiction and above all respecting that journalist are there to report the news; not make it. Can you tell I feel strongly about it?
Most news now is not gathered by journalists - they sit in their offices with their Blueberries and ask Jo Public to email in a story or to send a photo and then claim it is news and an exclusive!
Rarely do they check out the source or the motive. It makes then very lazy and people fall for it because they want to become part of the story. Once the British press were the best - now they are mostly rubbish.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 00:15:55 AM by Twin Bee »

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
Murray win
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2008, 20:34:08 PM »
quote:

So much for honest endeavour, ethical reporting, stating facts rather than fiction and above all respecting that journalist are there to report the news; not make it. Can you tell I feel strongly about it?
Most news know is not gathered by journalists - they sit in their offices with their Blueberries and ask Jo Public to email in a story or to send a photo and then claim it is news and an exclusive!
Rarely do they check out the source or the motive. It makes then very lazy and people fall for it because they want to become part of the story. One the British press were the best - now they are mostly rubbish.

Ethical reporting? Are you living in cloud cuckoo land? There is no such thing. Not sure when the British press were the best, they have always subscribed to the premise of building someone up and then knocking them down. It's happens to most people in the publice eye, for example  David Beckham, Paul Gasgoine and any other poor bugger who gets screwed over by the gutter press.

Anyway, as this is the result of a few remarks made about Andy Murray, maybe this discussion should have a life of it's own.I'll sign out now.

Ps, Go Andy!  Oops, he's gone !  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf