Author Topic: Boxing  (Read 5267 times)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Boxing
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2011, 12:36:32 PM »
Glad you liked the link, Ronnie, but you seem to slipping away from your question,appart from foreman and frazier,who did ali beat you ask, well the answer is there in the link, everybody who was around at the time, whether you or i disagree with the results, i:e liston fix or patterson passed it, thats what the guy did and beat them all including all european champions too,he avoided no one, also this guy had a 3 year break away from boxing for opting out of Veitnam and came back and beat who was about then too. now whether he could have beat boxers from another era is another one for opinions, but your question has been answered, whether you, i or any one else doesnt rate his opponents, thats what the guy did, (case closed) ;)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Boxing
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2011, 08:33:02 AM »
Froch lose,s title bid abroad,thats a few failures abroad for brits in 2011, put up a good show but Ward was too classy for him.:(

Offline hoops man

Boxing
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2011, 10:25:05 AM »
Well said des. Point taken. shame about froch.

Offline jul bri

Boxing
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2011, 14:16:30 PM »
Been reading through all the comments, all have valid points, but the question was who is the best BOXER. in my opinion Ali was the greatest BOXER ever, i dont go in for statistics, how many fights won lost etc etc. its the way these guys fight, Without a shadow of doubt Ali was greatest alround BOXER of all time,His boxing ability was textbook, not street brawlers like most. He was a dream and a privilege to watch, Thats  my opinion anyway.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 14:40:27 PM by jul bri »

Offline hoops man

Boxing
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2011, 16:46:27 PM »
Good point Jul. yes the original post was boxer but i actually meant boxer/brawler/fighter etc. Yep Ali for boxing. i think boxing is a sport of statistics which makes it so exciting and almost impossible to predict between boxers/fighter from different generations. Every generation brings us yet again fantastic pugalists. All weights have given us some great champions and the list is endless. In our heads we all have our favourites for different reasons. This year we have had in the uk some promising young boxers coming through and next year could be promising for us, but again over shadowed by the world champion losses involving Hayes,Froch,Khan etc. Did anyone see the wrestling bout Ali had with gorilla monsoon? Hilarious. Dont know how to link it here but go to you tube and check it out.

Offline buddy

Boxing
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2011, 00:04:50 AM »
Nobody'd mentioned Audly Harrison???

Offline ringo

Boxing
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2011, 06:38:54 AM »
I wonder why? Foe me the grestest fighter ever was Suger Ray Robinson.As an amateur he had85 bouts winning them all 69 by way of knockout.A pro career lasting 26 years 200 fights beating the best fighters around at the time.Interesting to note that Ali and Leonard also said Robinson was the greatest ever.It is however impossible to compare fighters there are so many things to consider like who was arround at the time new training methods different styles However all that said in my book it has to be Sugar Ray.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Boxing
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2011, 07:13:38 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by buddy

Nobody'd mentioned Audly Harrison???

who the hell,s audly harrison[?] ;)

Offline hoops man

Boxing
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2011, 08:25:23 AM »
Ringo i think im with you on that one if you say pound for pound. He was awesome and before my time but he fought good boxers and had great style and could have a brawl at the same time.yes Audly Harrison. strange when you ask a boxer to come dancing he will yet when you say come boxing he cant.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf