Author Topic: animals flown to turkey  (Read 8184 times)

Offline jacqki

animals flown to turkey
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012, 08:37:36 AM »
Jackstee They have changed the regulations for bringing in pets and now it is 2 per person.
Ovacikman Thanks for the encouragement. Its always a bit scary to do this and its good to have some encouraging words, and yes I will worry about the animals!

Offline Janbee

animals flown to turkey
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 14:00:04 PM »
We have now got our pet passports for our two cats.  Can anyone let me know if we need an import permit for them.  The pet carrier airline listed this, and although I emailed the Turkish embassy, I have had no advice.  Your advice would be very welcome!

Offline anna-marie01

animals flown to turkey
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 20:18:17 PM »
The company you use to transport them to Turkey should sort out all the paperwork needed. I would advise you to get in contact with them.

Offline kizkucuk

animals flown to turkey
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 22:38:45 PM »
Janbee - ring Defra they will tell you exactly what you need.

Offline Janbee

animals flown to turkey
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 07:39:49 AM »
Thank you for your advice regarding needing an import permit, I have contacted the Pet air carrier and will indeed do this for us!

Offline Janbee

animals flown to turkey
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2012, 13:49:40 PM »
Can anyone let me know if we need a resident's permit to bring two cats with or will the 90 day Visa be okay!

Offline anna-marie01

animals flown to turkey
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2012, 14:43:10 PM »
Don't think you will need a residency permit to bring your animals into the country. We had no problems 4 yrs ago when we brought our greyhound with us.  :)

Offline Golfo8

• Newly Registered
Re: animals flown to turkey
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2012, 11:52:26 AM »
I know this topic is old but having recently transported my 2 dogs I wanted to share. I don't like pets in airoplanes, I have heard horror stories about the transport and not having control over my pets welfare makes me feel uneasy. So we where up for a challenge! We ferried from the uk,to France.Drove to Italy, jumped on a ferry from Ancona to Igoymenitsa, once we got to Greece we ferry hopped islands and found ourselves in Marmaris. We booked through various fery companies, www.ferrysavers.co.uk , www.aferry.co.uk , Anek-Superfast & Sea Jets. They where all very good, we could visit our pets whenever we wanted so long as we arranged it with the staff on the longer routes. Make sure your pet passport is all up to date and valid and you are ready to go.If you need further info,as advised in a previous comment,good to check Defra's website.

Offline Mary Howarth

Re: animals flown to turkey
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2012, 13:49:28 PM »
Hi

I used Petsaway UK and had excellent service from them from beginning to the end here is there tele no 01903 872248 speak to Dave he will give you all the help you need. They took my dog Lincoln.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf