Author Topic: unusual situation for bill paying  (Read 3517 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
unusual situation for bill paying
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 14:37:48 PM »
I have had an email today saying it is the electric company that are saying it has to be someone on the complex that has a Tapu, so it stems from the electric company apparantly! It is defo cut off as we were out for five days recently and there is no communal electricity.
I am with Anne on this one and the other members that have said their management companies dont own their complexes and their bills get paid ok! Dont know what to do really I dont want to volunteer for it and something goes wrong and I am left with a huge bill for the whole complex!

Offline davidhutson

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2011, 20:53:23 PM »
Hi Karen , dave/ali from b6, this is a real concern for us all on valetta, i think the reason the elecric company are being awkward is they are worried their  bills are going to be paid , just a thought, why don t we analize the communal electricity bill for the last year and propose to pay
the  same amount up front may be with a 10% increase as  a sweetener, i for one wouldn't mind paying up front if it solved the problem, can t see why Tedas would turn that down !!sure its something that our management company could easily organize between all the owners.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 21:00:57 PM »
It is quite possible that the original developer (and therefore initial management company) didn't pay their electricity bill and the supplier is keen not to get bitten twice.

Offline davidhutson

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 21:44:54 PM »
I agrea Scunner, thats why i'm suggesting we propose to pay up front, i personally wouldn't mind paying double up front, so long as any surplus was carried forward onto next years account and we
had no problems with our electricity supply. all owners would have to agrea tho' obviously !!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf