Author Topic: Holiday Let New Controls  (Read 92710 times)

Offline Fran

Re: Holiday Let New Controls
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2017, 12:04:33 PM »
If you are letting a close relative stay (mother, daughter,brother) etc, and you are not there with them do they have to be registered with the police. I have relatives stay maybe once or twice a year, no rent is charged. But I'm not there with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline phil5257

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2017, 12:12:48 PM »
We own an apartment which we never rent to anybody. Occasionally have visitors who come over for 10 to 14 days. I have read this thread and the last comment by Inspector seems to suggest that we only have to inform the authorities if guests stay over 30 days but other comments contradict this. Could anyone clarify our position please.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2017, 12:39:54 PM »
If you are letting a close relative stay (mother, daughter,brother) etc, and you are not there with them do they have to be registered with the police.

Technically yes.  The way the new regulations are worded their relationship to the property owner is irrelevant.

We own an apartment which we never rent to anybody. Occasionally have visitors who come over for 10 to 14 days. I have read this thread and the last comment by Inspector seems to suggest that we only have to inform the authorities if guests stay over 30 days but other comments contradict this. Could anyone clarify our position please.

If you (as the property owner) are resident at the same time as your guests, then you only have to inform the Polis if they stay for longer than thirty consecutive nights.

JF

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2017, 13:09:32 PM »
Could you clarify regards none rental we do not rent our apartment out (and looking at this I don't think I would because of the hassle) but my daughter has visited on the odd occasion over the years so this would mean that I don't have to registrar for myself but would if my daughter visits ?   

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2017, 13:36:24 PM »
This new legislation was drafted so the authorities could keep track on who was living where, with the main purpose to combat terrorism.  Foreign holiday home owners, whose kids or mates or aunties want to use an apartment or villa weren't their main target. 

Unfortunately, anyone renting out their villa or apartment now come under these new regulations and the bit that (as far as I can see) affects someone simply letting their mate have a free week in Turkey is the fact this could be construed as a rental.  I haven't seen anything yet that covers spouses, close relatives etc living in a property, so if the property owner isn't there at the same time, again, this could be construed as a rental - even though no money changes hands.

I don't think anyone really knows how this is going to be policed, especially in tourist areas like Fethiye or Calis.  Inspector is probably the man that'll hear something before anyone else as regards how they're doing it locally.

If you have a concern, then you need to get professional advice.  I've answered a couple of questions but only because as the regulations stand they were easy to interpret and provide the answer.  On the basis you could be fined an awful lot of money, making decisions based on what you read on ANY online forum is never a smart move   :)

JF

Offline Roy Salmon

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2017, 17:14:53 PM »
Thank you all for your kind comments. As I will be in Calis at the end of April I will make sure I have
covered myself but it looks as if it is going to cost me more money!! I will keep you all posted once I
have sorted the problem out.

Regards to you all.

Roy

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2017, 08:55:27 AM »
Thanks for the advice we are over in May so we might get a bit more info by then but we have never had the problem of renting out as we don't normally do it the wife saw the state of one of the apartments on our complex after some visitors had stayed (footprints on the ceiling come to mind) and decided not to, also we are in a position that we don't rely on renters

Offline Inspector

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2017, 10:12:56 AM »
Hello all,
Here is the link of offical document from ministery of internal affairs send to Police and Jandarma.
http://www.tursab.org.tr/dosya/15647/img004_15647_5379945.pdf
Article 3- Commanding ''Effectively investigete those properties''
I know its difficult but they will ask Muhtars and site menagements for short term rentals.
They will investigate on internet letting web sites.
Attention
If your guests have problem with  site management or neighbours. They can call police and start the penalty process

Offline strange

• Newly Registered
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2017, 13:49:45 PM »
I know it's a common surname, but I always get an uncomfortable feeling whenever I see something 'signed' by a YILMAZ  :-\

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2017, 16:19:14 PM »
Yilmaz in Turkey is like Smith in the U.K.   I know a very nice couple called Yilmaz in Fethiye. Lynda & Yakup.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf