Author Topic: B52  (Read 13959 times)

Offline SEVIYORUM

B52
« on: July 28, 2006, 19:37:59 PM »
Had a wicked month in Calis.
Regarding the 'scam' post the cocktails are 12ytl each but some menus had not been changed and still held last years prices on them. Import drinks 8 ytl each only 2 lira more than local drinks which i think is quite reasonable as some places charging 9ytl for imports. Tuesday nights breakdance show along with salsa dancers - really entertaining a great show to watch, foam partys, apache partys although i think they've given up on the vampire party but it was amusing while it lasted. The bar was busy everynight for a month while i was there, so it can't really be as bad as some people try to make out. Before people start jumping down my throat..The staff apologise about the buy one get one free incident.. some change overs of staff have been made also.
Was good to see some people from the forum in there aswel.. see everyone in a few weeks.. [:o)] :)
Rach

Offline clair

• Uttoxeter, UK
B52
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 20:11:25 PM »
had a few good nights in there, they were well packed everynight when i was there like you say.
still i feel that i have to pay per drink and not run a tab up if you do that then theres no prob
great atmosphere will be back there soon

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
B52
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 12:26:13 PM »
Just arrived back home.  We went to B52 last year and found it a bit of a rip off.  However, having a teenage daughter with us, went again this year (she saw one of her Turkish friends working there) and we were pleasantly surprised.  Staff were pleasant and welcoming (I know they just want you to spend your money), the prices were OK and my daughter didn't feel threatened which she does in some of the bars and restuarants.  So, well done to them!!

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
B52
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 11:01:14 AM »
I think that 10YTL for a nargile is a bit much as I go to a place where it is 5YTL
Pete (hooked on hookah!)

Offline tan n dame

• Leeds, UK
B52
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 18:54:09 PM »
cant believe people still go here when theres so many better and nicer bars than this place.got ripped off once over our drinks bill never again though!!!!!!![:(!]

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
B52
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 21:51:13 PM »
we did too as neisha refered to in her post we were scamed how many others does it happen too when they done it to us it was well rehearsed patter

Offline SEVIYORUM

B52
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 14:32:58 PM »
Puma and Tan n dame, we get it you don't like B52..!!! You've said it enough times on most of the B52 topics...But for the people who do like it and do go in.. and get replys like  ''cant believe people still go here'' is there any need? Just because 'you'll never go in again' People can still have there own opinions!! Again i think WE ALL GET IT!!

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
B52
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 14:50:46 PM »
the same applies to you also you harp on how great it is so will beg to differon the subject.i did not say i did not like the place i said i did not like being ripped off ,end of topic. HOPE YOU GET IT TOO!!!

Offline SEVIYORUM

B52
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 15:00:09 PM »
Do i always go on how great it is? NO. This is the only topic i have really spoke much about it, the last one that was opened, i simply said that i'd speak to Sevket and that was a reply to Rons post..  I tried to tell you what had happened but you still went on.. But i don't go on and on about the same things!

Offline Nikos

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 17:42:09 PM »
I watched the world cup final at B52 and thought it was a dump.  Warm cocktails, surly service and hideously loud music coming from a completely empty dance floor.  The following night, for some reason I can't explain, we went back.  Had a fantastic time!  So it just goes to show that there's never a right or wrong with these things.

People are entitled to their opinion and it shouldn't be taken as a personal slight!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 17:43:23 PM by Nikos »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf