Author Topic: Mangal Restaurant  (Read 3787 times)

Offline Dippey

Mangal Restaurant
« on: September 23, 2006, 11:58:28 AM »
Strange, must be the longest restaurant in Calis but there has never been a write up. Oh well here we go. ;)

I have eaten here now three times now and its a strange one, its all very non discript but achieves the needs. I also keep spying on it from across the road in Aladdins, and BB says the Mangal shack do the best takeaway kebabs.

The service is most excellent and very attentive, a bit of small talk when ordering then left alone, only seen when wanting to order something else, they seem like mind readers - arriving at the side of the table just when I decide to want another drink.

So far I've had the Calamari for starters at 8ytl and when asked if it was fresh they honestly said straight away, "No frozen", still had it, but wish i didn't frozen just aint like fresh. Also the stuff stuffed into the stuffed fish (does that sound right[?]) is frozen so I've been put of that a bit. Thats the only downside I had so far.

Have ordered two steaks now and both cooked as per instructions, the waiter stands to one side and checks that I am happy with it before walking away, most excellent. Hubby has had Chicken saffron and lamb shank (his favorite) and has yet to say anything, clearing his plate is a good sign.

The other day I decided to have fresh grilled trout, I checked the price, "9 Ytl? Fresh? whole fish? what type?"
"yes, whole, as its says Trout", ( :-\)said the waiter "you pick the fish alive from this pool."
"Whoa, I thought they were were for show, ok I have one of them".

Watching five minutes of a waiter catching a trout was entertaining, the chef had to do it in the end.

Overall very nice and well cooked, with the usual dollop of rice salad and chips all included in 9ytl price, and a nice desert of ice cream and creamy pastry stuff.

Total price including drinks for two 31 YTL, most excellent. On my list as a safe bet restaurant.

Dippz

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf