Author Topic: Bad Service In Restaurants  (Read 5482 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Bad Service In Restaurants
« on: November 12, 2008, 12:33:34 PM »
I've pulled this out of another topic because I'm not talking about the restaurant being discussed there, or any restaurant in particular.

I do wonder what people think about how to deal with bad service. The suggestion in the other topic is that you should speak to the head waiter or owner. I may be in a minority of one, we'll see, but if I had bad service or rudeness in a restaurant, I certainly don't want to speak to any head waiter or owner.

If I made the decision to choose the restaurant, I was disappointed, I take responsibility for my choice and will be sure it doesn't happen again. I don't want to hear excuses from "head waiters" or owners. They should know what happened. They should be aware that their staff member has the capacity to be rude. People say "oh but if you don't tell them, how will they know something is wrong, how will they put it right for future". Who cares? My experience won't improve due to this new found knowledge, and I will never be back to see if they did use the information effectively.

What will they do to sort it out? I don't want 10% knocked off the bill, I don't want the bill screwed up and the meal on the house. I wanted to pay for a good experience.

If I don't get one I'll not be looking to discuss it, I'll be looking to ensure I never put myself at that risk again.

It's hardly a one horse town with only one restaurant - I'll find one where people appreciated my choice to try them, not one who took my money and spoke to me in a rude way. There is plenty of choice.

Any thoughts?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf