Author Topic: Bella Mamas  (Read 8050 times)

Offline dycedon

Bella Mamas
« on: July 03, 2009, 09:43:54 AM »
Not long arrived back in uk, had friends over for 2 weeks, ate in a lot of resteraunts over the piece, we kept Bella Mamas until last as i think it is the best place to eat in Calis, WRONG this time food was not good at all, chips were cold, and 2 other main courses were cold and i mean cold not warm, it must have been sitting on the pass for ages, so im afraid we will not be going back, the manager was very apologetic but no cut in bill or free chi etc, shame really as we have had some outstanding meals there over the years.
Jim S

Offline bee

• Droylsden, Manchester, UK
Bella Mamas
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 10:06:36 AM »
be careful dycedon, there are some people on here that could.nt possibly believe that, re my post on georges " but as far as i'm concerned if you have taken the trouble to post it then you do not have to justify it to anyone.Bee[^]

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Bella Mamas
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 10:22:59 AM »
I mentioned a while ago that we had a poor meal there the other year - after saving 'the best' 'till last. We had eaten steaks there before and they were wonderful. However when I mentioned that the fillets we had just eaten were not up to their usual standard we didn't even get an apology - just ignored. Not even asked if we wanted desert or coffee.

Not been back since.

Everyone can have an off night but it's how they handle it that makes me decide whether to give them another chance or not.

Computer said 'NO'
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 10:23:59 AM by stoop »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Bella Mamas
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 11:52:18 AM »
As we heard cooks and some staff had moved from Bella's to La Casa de Mama we decided to give it a try first.  We had, in the past always gone to Bella's for a meal.  On trying La Casa we decided it was excellent food exactly the same high quality as Bella's, and saw no reason to go back to Bella's.  
I suppose if Bella's no longer have the same staff it's bound not to be as good.  We only ever went there because we loved the food, however, we found the atmosphere very stiff, so La Casa really did fit the bill with great food and friendly staff.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Bella Mamas
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 13:25:49 PM »
I certainly agree with you there Jacqui & Murat really is a good Chef

Ron

Offline ginlizzy

Bella Mamas
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 00:43:32 AM »
We popped over to Calis on the ferry and went to Bella Mamas and had a lovely meal probably the best we had whilst on holiday in Fethiye, I suppose its what you have at the time, if its good its good if its bad its disapointing. Loved Calis by the way we popped over 3 times from Fethiye.

Offline crookes875

Bella Mamas
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 08:12:44 AM »
can you tell me where both these places are please bellas and la casa

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Bella Mamas
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 08:30:38 AM »
On the promenade,face the sea at the main entrance near the water Taxis and turn right. Both places on your right at about 50 metres and 250 metres :)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 15:03:45 PM by tribalelder »

Offline Pebbles

Bella Mamas
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 14:15:20 PM »
Where is La Casa de Mama?
I always liked the food at Bella Mamma's, but the past few times we've had really bad service
Lois

Offline sunnyd

Bella Mamas
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 15:03:14 PM »
la casa is the old Han and U2 bar. Along the front just past Nicholas homes, and next door to cafe soul.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf