Author Topic: Bella Mamma's - an independent review  (Read 9380 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Bella Mamma's - an independent review
« on: August 06, 2011, 18:28:56 PM »

We have always had a great experience at Bella Mamma's in the past and our last visit in June this year was no exception.

When ashliee10 said that the customer service was unbelievably quick, I assume that she meant that you do not have to wait long from the time you order until the time the food arrives. This is something I personally appreciate greatly. I simply hate when restaurants deliberately delay preparing your food in the hope that you will finish your first drink and order another because your meal hasn't arrived.

The food at the restaurant is, in our experience, always very, very good and the staff friendly and attentive.

At seems that every time we pass Bella Mamma's it is packed and that surely proves that they are doing things properly.

I may have posted this previously, but a local bar/restaurant operator described Bella Mamma's, appreciatively, as very professional and I think that is not only accurate but one of the best compliments that could be paid.  

PS Keng38 - would you ask how many times a week someone could eat chicken shish kebap.

Offline june

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 22:36:06 PM »
I totally agree with that  H.

It's only restaurant that don't have a main man trying to get people in........but it's always packed...and to be honest has been the same since they opened...what 6 years ago......I can honestly say that we have never had to wait for a meal and more importantly never had e bad meal there...in fact they have been excellent.....the staff can come over as being a bit stand of ish......they are not....it's because they are professional ....also because the Boss man is always over them.......I have to say I don't really like Him very much...sour face.....but then he is not cooking the food... :)

Would not hesitate to recommend.....A1

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 22:44:27 PM »
We stopped eating there three years ago (approx) due to being totally ignored when we said our fillet steak wasn't as good as the last time we ate there. No apology.. Just totally ignored.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 22:45:40 PM by stoop »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 22:55:13 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Highlander

When ashliee10 said that the customer service was unbelievably quick, I assume that she meant that you do not have to wait long from the time you order until the time the food arrives.

I assumed when she(?) wrote it that it was just another dubious addition to the unbelievably positive drivel around it.

As for Bella Mamma's - to me it is the first (and to date possibly the only) Calis seafront restaurant to stand up and reject the "me too" policy of the prom. Some of it was rather odd at first, stand offish waiters and no banter - but we have never ever had a bad meal or bad experience there. I applaud the Bella Mamma  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 23:24:34 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Highlander

I simply hate when restaurants deliberately delay preparing your food in the hope that you will finish your first drink and order another because your meal hasn't arrived.

I'd much rather have that than the other extreme - bringing your courses on top of each other in an effort to get you in and out as quick as possible...

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 00:13:30 AM »
I will check this place out when im over and especially try their chicken shish kebab just for you Highlander :D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 10:05:40 AM »
I agree with you re the "boss" man June but he does take his job very seriously and alot of the success I believe is down to the way he keeps things running..

I did see him smile in June though. :)

Offline Christie

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 11:09:30 AM »
We agree - Bella Mama is our favourite restaurant in Calis.  The service is always good - we tend to eat around 9 ish so it was always full when we turned up (also in June).  We were always given a short time to wait and sat at the bar with a drink - we never had to wait any longer than he said and it was usually just minutes.   We went in one night when it was absolutely heaving with two really large parties - about 40 youngish couples and another table of 20 -it was bedlam and obviously very noisy with chatter and people shouting from table to table.  However our meal came just as quick as normal and was just as good as ever.  The waiter kept apologising for the noise, but it was not a problem - just people being happy and enjoying themselves. It is a really well run restaurant - with excellent food.  My husband is not much of a pasta eater at home, but he really enjoys the pasta dishes at Bella Mama. Lastly, their loo is clean and modern - always a bonus.

Offline Fifi

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 19:24:32 PM »
And the new fan/water-spray thingy was heavenly - so nice to be able to enjoy a good meal without feeling too hot..

Offline kevnjulie

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 20:40:28 PM »
eat there last week - excellent; good efficient service, good menu and those fans and spray systems kept us cool

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf