Author Topic: Barbella  (Read 9721 times)

Offline Uprockingdude

• Newly Registered
Re: Barbella
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 20:13:59 PM »
Been to barbella since it 1st opened in 2010 and knew the owner since the year before as his family owns a jewellers and they had lost their dog. We have watched football there and I considered it to be a good place with good staff

HOWEVER we went in there today to eat and we ordered we told them we had to go in an hour and a half so we could see the singer in Joseph's so we waited 40 mins before we got the garlic bread and made them aware that we had to leave in 30 mins a couple of times. So it was 15 mins before we had to be at Joseph's so we went to the kitchen were the owner seems to have set up a bed and renamed it his bedroom and whilst we where there we noticed our order of a magherita pizza 2 steaks and chicken just being prepped this is an order which should take no more than an hour tops and the fact that they forgot us is just unforgivable for a restaurant or a cafe. It claims to offer great customer service but waiting footer an hour for food is dreadful.

They claim to be the best but don't be fooled they are an alright restaurant at best but I have heard many people complain about them but chose not to listen however I can confirm that it was a dreadful experience and I can not nor will I forgive them as it was a farce avoid this restaurant

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 20:22:54 PM »
What a shame you have been going there since 2010 and only joined here when you had something bad to say about them.

Offline Uprockingdude

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 22:08:19 PM »
Because it was an absolute shambles and they was just saying it was normal but I haven't ever had that before from any other restaurant bar cafe ever before so maybe I'm just lucky or that they were crap we went meeting point afterwards and it took 30 mins for the same thing so read into it what you want worst treatment we have received since we started coming here 10 years ago just absolutely ridiculous and would you believe it this was the day I read the front of their menu where they practically claim to care what their customers want and are polite and friendly.

They were playing us for fools and I just needed to vent my anger about them to people who should know what they are like I have looked on this forum loads of times but I had to join just to warn people coz it has Ruined our last night especially after we had a conversation with them that we had to be out of there early

Offline cheers

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 22:46:16 PM »
Why would you eat the same 2 meals in different restaurants on the same night Uprockingdude??

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2012, 23:01:23 PM »
Can't comment on uprockingrudes post as I wasn't there!

but

Emre & staff looked after a group for my birthday celebrations last Wed night without fault. Great steak, ice cold beer, complimentary cake & fireworks, even ensured there was a slice of gluten free brownie for 1 guest with a gluten intolerance.

Speak as I find, Barbellas is 1 of my favourite restaurants in Calis with consistently good food & service.

Offline Uprockingdude

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 23:08:23 PM »
Sorry I haven't proof read that I'm on an iPhone and we all know the fabled autocorrect don't we we ordered there and after a hour and a half we went to complain and they was just rolling the dough of the pizza so we said it wasn't acceptable which I don't think is an unreasonable thing to say and left although they made us pay the bar bill which they should of waived as it was abysmal

Then we went to meeting point as I have known the owner since before he owned it told him and he sorted us out very quickly tbh I'm just very angry and disappointed with them in general as we have been going there since they opened and this year it has been no where near as good as it was last year the whole thing was just shameful!!! I have heard a lot of people saying the same as me but obviously this is a review of my time there and think that people should know about it

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2012, 13:07:07 PM »
You are perfectly entitled to do that. We have had terrible experiences at 2 of the top so called restaurants in Calis when everyone else says they had a lovely meal and had great service. I wont be going to either again. It doesnt matter how good anyone else says it was and some of them are friends of our. !!

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2012, 13:09:58 PM »
I have never had bad service from either The meeting point. Gunislik. Dawn Beach or The brothers bar or Josephs down that strip but others may have done. Meeting Point and Gunislik every time for us.

Offline Uprockingdude

• Newly Registered
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2012, 19:23:17 PM »
all I say is be careful with the set menus in gunisik they swindled us out of 20 lira we told the owner that it was wrong and still made us pay 10 lira too much

The bars down there that are great are brothers although it can be a bit slow Joseph's pies an pastries meeting point is the best place by a mile down there never been ripped off there and always treated well. Maria's is reasonable as well. I would never go to ali's food was plastic tasting I'm only in my 20s and I thought the music was too loud and corba which is on that strip after the traffic lights is nice as well and serve like 5 in the morning good of you get there early morning

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2012, 19:56:51 PM »
all I say is be careful with the set menus in gunisik they swindled us out of 20 lira

How?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf